Prologue

(If anyone's watched Charlie St. Cloud, this is kind of like that. She can see and hear him but no one else can)

The sun shines in through the bedroom window onto Y/N Turner and Elizabeth Olsen, a young couple and Hollywood's sweethearts. 

The sun shines into Y/N's eyes making him groan before he rolls over to spoon his girlfriend, the girl who has had his heart since they first met.

She rolls onto her back in her sleep so he moves back before putting his head on her shoulder, wrapping his arms around her waist. 

He places a gentle kiss onto her neck before moving the hair from her face. He smiles as she scrunches her nose from his cold touch.

Lizzie.

Lizzie groans turning her back to him. He chuckles wrapping his arms around her from behind pulling her into him.

"It's time to wake up love."

"I don't want to."

Lizzie.

She turns around to face him, with tears in her eyes. He smiles, gently stroking her cheek.

"Why not?"

"Because you're gone."

Lizzie.

"I'm never gone as long as you remember me..."

Her eyes open and she looks at where Y/N had just been to find the bed empty. She sighs rolling back onto her back and looking in the direction of the cold touch. 

"Come on Liz, you need to get ready."

Lizzie looks at Scarlett as she tears up. 

"It's really happening isn't it?"

Scarlett looks at Lizzie with a sad look before sitting beside her and holding her hand. 

"Yeah unfortunately it is."

"If I had just-"

"Don't. You need to stop blaming yourself, he wouldn't want that."

"She's right. I don't want that. I made the choice that day Lizzie, not you."

Lizzie looks in the direction of her closet seeing Y/N leaning against it. She sighs getting out of the bed and heading for a shower. Scarlett heads downstairs making coffee for herself and Lizzie.

After a few minutes, Lizzie walks down the stairs in all black, carrying some stuff belonging to Y/N that people would bring up as gifts. Scarlett hands her the coffee.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

The two finish their coffee in silence. Scarlett knows today will be harder than the last few days for Lizzie. Of course it will be, she's burying her dead husband.

They arrive at the church, Scarlett parking the car near the entrance. Lizzie looks up at the church taking a deep breath as she watches loads of people heading inside to honour Y/N. 

It was only a week ago, they were last here. Except that was a happy time, the happiest day of Y/N and Lizzie's lives. The day they got married. The start of their lives together. But fate is cruel and four days ago, he was taken from the world. 

They get out of the car and head inside heading to the front. Lizzie feels like an animal in a petting zoo. Everyone looking at her, hugging her as they give their condolences. 

The ceremony lasts for an hour before its time for the eulogy. Lizzie takes a deep breath before walking up to stand in front of everyone. 

She looks out into the ocean of people there to give their support and honour Y/N, who had touched their lives. 

She sees him, standing by the doors. He smiles softly at her just like he always use to do, giving her a thumbs up for encouragement. 

"Y/N and I only were just here a week ago, getting married and now...."

She fakes a smile as she tears up nodding her head.

"Now we're here at his funeral, life sucks. But he deserves to be remembered because he was a good man, a good husband, a good friend, a good colleague and a good son. He was amazing in every way. I want to share our story because it is beautiful to me and it shows just how amazing he was..."

A tear rolls down her cheek as she takes a deep breath. 

"Y/N and I met a year ago at one of his concerts...."