The Third Okumura

Everyone knows about my two older brothers thinking that there were twins but no we were triplets. I was always between my brothers when they fight. Most people who see us think Yukio was the oldest, I was the middle child and Rin was the youngest but no that wasn’t the case. See Rin is the oldest of the three of us but he didn’t act that way unless someone was picking on me. I was bulled a lot when I was in middle school so Rin would get into fights with the people who bulled me. Yukio on the other hand told teachers and go them in trouble soon no one tried anything because Rin and Yukio would step in. I got a scholarship to True Cross Academy just like Yukio but I wanted to be a teacher and the headmaster was thrilled to hear that the two of us wouldn’t mind going to the school.

          Rin didn’t know I was going to True Cross yet he only knew I got a scholarship to go to a nice high school. What Rin and Yukio didn’t know was that I had been able to see demons since I was 4 but I never did learn how to be an exorcist. But that was part of the reason I was going to True Cross this year. I knew that Yukio would be surprised to find out that I was going to learn. When he started to see them Shiro told him about being able to become an exorcist but I was told that they were bad fairies and if I saw them to go find Shiro who always made them leave. It wasn’t until I overheard Yukio and Shiro talking about them after Yukio became an exorcist that I really knew what I was seeing.

          I was just walking down to breakfast when I hear Shiro and Rin yelling at each other. They did this I wouldn’t stay in the same room but today I was too hungry to care. I was walking next to the ferns when it blows and I scream as blue flames flick out. Yukio runs over to me pulling me away before hot water falls where I had been standing. I hold onto him as tears fall and he guides me over to the empty chair I sit in that is between Rin and Yukio. “Aki are you alright?” Rin ask as he gently pats my arm. I nod my head a little before everything goes back to the normal breakfast routine until Shiro tells Rin about a job interview. Rin yells about this but when the chopstick Shiro throw at him missed and almost hit me Rin gave up on the fight to eat.

          Once we were done I follow Rin and Yukio to another room so Yukio could bandage Rin’s wounds. They had a little brother bonding moment which I could care less about but it was nice to see them getting along for once. It had been a long time since they were this nice to each other. Rin throws an arm around me before giving a little cry. “Aki I’m so proud of you getting into a good school. I can’t wait to see you become a teacher.” Rin says before picking me up in a hug. I am set down and Rin sits back in front of Yukio so he can finish getting fixed up. Some of the other priest come in and give Rin things for a job interview which they bribe him into going to and Rin runs off to get ready to go. Yukio gives me a big smile before holding out his hand for me.

          “Why don’t I help you pack up your things? We will be leaving tomorrow you know.” Yukio says. I nod and follow him up to my room which had been mostly packed up. Yukio and I made quick work of getting my things paced up before taking them to the school. “You can keep you things in my room until your dorm is posed.” Yukio says before we walk to where we mail off our things. When we got home everyone was getting things ready for tonight and Rin calls saying he had gotten a job. I was really happy to hear this so I run out to get things to make him his favorite desert.  I walk around the shop but stop when I see Rin cooking something and could feel the smile tugging at my lips.  I walk away before he can see me and head to get what I needed. Once I had everything I head home before working quickly to back a cake.

          It was finished and I was working on icing it when Yukio said that Rin should have been home by now. “Aki stay here just in case Rin comes home looking for food.” Yukio says before leaving with the others. I give a small sigh before going back to my work on the cake. It seemed like forever since they had left to go find my moron of an older brother.  There was a racket outside so I head out to see what it was all about and see my brothers as well as Shiro and a little girl with her father. Rin was talking about something but the dad of the little girl keeps talking about how she has an active imagination and doesn’t know when she is daydreaming or not. Rin was then told he can’t have dinner or any of the cake I had made. I frown a little and once it was just the three of us I look up at my oldest brother. “Rin! Rin are you listening to me?” I ask as I pull on his arm. He was ignoring me but after a few hard tugs looks down at me. “Rin I put some of the food aside so later tonight you can have some. I had a bad feeling something would have gone wrong.” I say.