Chapter 3

“Heading to take a shower. Is something wrong with that?” I ask. Yukio laughs before shaking his head no. “I just wanted to have another look at you arm. Does it hurt still?” Yukio ask as he walks over to me. I look around before pulling him into an empty room.  I let Yukio look at my shoulder and hiss in pain when he touches the burse. “It’s fine Yukio.” I say when he starts to pull out something from his pocket. “Aki it’s not fine. I don’t want someone to see this and think that Rin or I are hurting you.” Yukio says before holding out some pills. I sigh before taking them and fixing my shirt. “Is that better?” I ask. Yukio nods and as we were about to leave the room Rin runs in before pulling me into a hug. He of cores slams his sword into my hurt shoulder and I let out small cry of pain which causes Rin and Yukio to fuss over me for a few minutes.

          Once they were both sure I was fine they let me go to the bath house but they followed me. I give a small sigh before walking in and going over to a stall to change and shower. I shower quickly and change into my school uniform after I was done before walking out of the bathroom to see my brothers standing against a wall with people looking at them. We head back to the dorm where I drop off my things and Yukio and Rin change before we walk off. “I have to go out.” Yukio says. Rin starts to beg Yukio to take him with and Yukio looks over at me then to Rin. He finally gives in as long as we do as he says. I nod and Rin gives a big smile before throwing an arm around my shoulder. Yukio takes my hand before unlocking the door and walking throw it. Yukio stops in front of a building then turns to look at us. “I’m going to get my shopping done first so both of you stay outside and wait for me.” Yukio says before giving us a smile.

          Rin ask to go in but I had a feeling that Yukio would tell him no which he did. “Don’t wonder off, don’t touch anything.” Yukio says to Rin before walking up to the shop door. Rin then starts in on a little rant before walking up a set of stair. “Onii-chan we should stay where Yukio left us.” I cry as I follow him. I wasn’t looking forward to being scolded by one or both of my older brothers. “Don’t worry about him. I won’t let him yell at you over trying to stop me now come on.” Rin says. I nod and slowly follow him. We get to a gate and see an amazing garden. Rin notices the girl and lifts his hand as if to knock on the gate but it sparks then the door falls. The girl in the garden starts to yell calling Rin a demon and Rin being Rin talks back to her. When she was trying to get away he stops to look at her legs. “Is something wrong with your legs?” Rin ask.

          Rin helps her dig a hole and I watch then. “I’m Shiemi Moriyama. What’s your name?” the girl says. Rin blushes a little. “R-Rin Okumura.” Rin says. Rin just realized how dirty her hands were. They didn’t seem to remember I was there and I let out a little huff. They start to talk then when I hear Yukio say our names I knew we were in trouble. “Onii-chan he made me come and I didn’t want to. Please don’t be mad at me.” I say as I stand and look up at my brother. Yukio sighs before patting my head a little.  “Hi Shiemi this is my older brother Rin and my younger sister Aki.” Yukio says as he walks closer to Shiemi. Shiemi faints after yelling at her mother and Yukio saying that there was a demon in the garden. I was a little afraid because I couldn’t fight them and had no weapon but the dagger that I wasn’t supposed to use at all.

          I follow them to Shiemi’s room then up to the shop. Shiemi’s mother tells us about how her grandmother raised her and how she started having problems with her legs after her grandmother’s death. I felt a little bad for this girl and wanted to help her in any way I can. Yukio looks over at me before walking over and throwing an arm around me. “It’s not your fault this happened. Maybe I should send you back to the dorms.” Yukio says. I pull away from him and look over at Rin. “Onii-chan don’t let him send me away. I’ll be alone in that big, empty, haunted looking dorm.” I say with puppy dog eyes. Rin looks at me then to Yukio. They both know how I was deathly afraid of being in haunted houses alone because when we were younger we went to the fair and they wanted to go throw the haunted house that was set up. They were supposed to stay close to me seeing as how I was the youngest and their little sister. As we walked throw Rin and Yukio walked away from me as I was fixing my shoes and it took an hour for someone to find me. “Yukio we can’t send her back can we?” Rin ask looking at Yukio for an answer because he didn’t really know what to do. Yukio sighs behind me and must have shakes his head no. I give a small smile before hugging Rin and then turning to Yukio.

          Rin heads out side for some air and Yukio looks at me. “Aki stay here until it’s safe. Rin and I will take care of the demon then we can go home. I will have Rin make you your favorite for dinner tonight if you can do as I ask.” Yukio says. I give him a big smile before nodding my head and watching my brother leave. I was alone with Shiemi’s mother who didn’t look to happy about this whole situation but I knew better than to get involved in another family’s problems. After a few minutes Shiemi’s mother leaves me alone in her shop and soon Rin comes in and drags me out to where Yukio was placing me between them with each of them throwing an arm around me. I felt loved and where I belonged. I was just happy to see that Shiemi and her mother had made up.