Chapter 8

“Stay with Shiemi and the others.” Rin says before he tells the others he was going to draw them away. “I’m going with you onii-chan. don’t leave me alone.” I say. Rin sighs before grabbing my hand dragging me behind him throw the branches. One of those things start to chase us and Rin pulls me along closer to him. “We’re going to go turn on the lights.” Rin yells as we run. We lose it for a bit and when Rin was looking at the switches it grabs him up and they start to fight. I couldn’t let him do this alone but one look from Rin stops me. “Work on the lights I have this.” Rin yells at me. I nod and turn to look at the power grid trying to find the right one. I stop when I hear the voice of one of our teachers. He wanted to get Rin away from the others to see his blue flames. Rin takes that thing out easily and he is left standing there covered in flames. “Onii-chan?” I ask. He looks over at me before giving me the peace sign. I smile at him and watch him waiting for him to tell me what to do. “Turn on the lights then go to the others.” Rin screams. I nod and do as I am told.

          I felt bad leaving my brother but the others needed my help in any way I could give it. Rin was only a few steps behind me and we run in to see the other one was gone and the others were safe. Ryuji then tries to hurt Rin and everyone ignores me. I sit on the bed with my back against the wall shaking a little. I could feel the tears starting to fall and felt bad that I hadn’t been able to help the others at all. I was useless and they all must know it by now. I stop crying and just sit there with a dull look in my eyes. When Yukio gets there he looks confused and looks around but when I see the teacher who had just attacked us I get up and run over to Rin hiding behind him afraid of that man who had tried to kill us all. “Aki?” Yukio ask but Rin glares at the teacher.  Rin pushes me away from him over by Shiemi then Mephisto swings down knocking Rin onto the floor.

          Once the teachers come out one of them walks over to me to give me some kind of shot but I step away from him. “Let me take a look at you.” He says. I shake my head no then turn and jump at Rin who caches me before holding me close to him.  Mephisto was explaining how this camp had been a scam and was really our exwire exams. We were taken to a hospital like room and I sit on the ground in front of Rin. Everyone was talking about how Shiemi was the reason that we passed the exam. They asked Rin how he had killed that thing without any help. Rin then goes on to talk about how he just did. Ryuji then looks at me. “You were with him how did he do it?” Ryuji asks. I shake my head a little then look up at my brother. “I was working on getting the lights back on as Rin protected me so I didn’t really see what he did. Thanks for keeping me safe Onii-chan.” I say before giving Rin a smile. He laughs then ruffles up my hair before going back to talking with the others. I didn’t have a lot to say but I wasn’t going back to the dorm alone or sleep in my room tonight. Rin stops talking then pokes me. “Aki what’s with the sad face?” he ask. I shake my head not wanting to say anything then I remembered my kittens and jumped to me feet. “Rin my kittens! I left them alone in that big scary, haunted dorm. I hope they are ok.” I say. Rin shakes his head and pulls me back down as the others laugh at what I had said.

          “That place isn’t scary or haunted. Why do you have kittens in your dorm any way?” Kamiki says. The others then look at me and I look away not wanting to meet their eyes. “Aki saved them from some kids who were going to kill them.” Rin says as he places a hand on my head. “That explains the kittens but what was with the way she talked about her dorm?” Kamiki asks. I could feel the tears starting to fall and I turn away from them so all they could see was my back. Rin gives a sigh before pulling my up into his lap as I cried.

~Rin’s pov. ~

          Aki didn’t handle the dark dorm tonight and I felt bad for her. Yukio knew what had happened to her and hadn’t told the teachers about her fear. I mean he must have told Mephisto at least but it wasn’t fair to poor Aki. Now that we were sitting there with the others Kamiki started to question her about the way she talked about our dorm and that had made Aki brake down into tears. I pull her into my lap where she cries and they can hear her. Aki never lets anyone but Yukio and I hear her cry. “Aki-chan are you ok?” Shiemi asks as she reaches out to touch her. Aki shakes her head no before crying harder. “Rin what’s going on?” Ryuji asks as he stands up to look at us. “It’s ummm…. Nothing to worry about.” I say before patting Aki’s back which helps a little. Well I think it helped a little. Yukio was normally the one to confer Aki as I go hurt the ones who made her cry meaning I had to go beat up some teachers for this starting with Yukio.

          “It’s not nothing if she is crying.” Shiemi says for behind me. I sigh and Aki had stopped crying and was now asleep. “Aki kind of has a fear of…. Look it’s really nothing for you all to worry about.” I say. They grumble but let it drop and I was glad. I was worried that Kamiki would get Aki alone and ask her all about her fears to use against her. I wouldn’t let them have that knowledge to use against her. Once we can leave I carry Aki to the dorm and lay her next to me in my bed. Yukio would have to wait until tomorrow then he could answer all the questions I had for him and tell Aki that he wouldn’t put her in that situation ever again. “Yes that is exactly what I would do.” I say before I fall asleep.

~Aki’s pov. ~

          Yukio wakes me up when he gets home before he wakes up Rin (or trying to) and has me go hid in another room that he puts Rin in with me. Shiemi was there and Rin freaks out a little when he wakes up. We hear guns shots and Rin looks at me then at Shiemi. “Stay here.” He says before grabbing his sword and running away. Shiemi looks at me silently asking me what I was thinking. I stand before pulling my sheathed dagger from my sock. “I’m going to go help them. Please stay here Shiemi.” I say before running out of the room. I run out the door on the roof to see Yukio looking beat up and a demon thing in Rin. I run to him ready to pull out the dagger and use it when the demon disappears. That teacher walks away and I run over to them before pulling them into a tight hug. “Aki?!” Yukio says with surprise on his face.

          When I pull back Rin lift up his shirt and I was ready to help him but he started to talk to us. He then looks over at me like he was ready to say something bad but Shiemi came to save me.  She talks to Rin about making up her mind then Yukio opens the door to let her get home. Once she was gone both my brothers turn to look at me. “Aki I told you to stay in that room. Why did you leave?” Rin asks as he walks forward. I back away from him and into Yukio. “I wanted to help. I was scared that you or Yukio was hurt and needed help.” I say as tears start to form and a pout on my face. Yukio pulls me against him in a hug and Rin then hugs us both. “Listen to me next time ok?” Rin ask as he lets us go. We all then head to bed.

          At our next cram class Mephisto tells us we all passed and took us out for some food which I really didn’t want to eat because I had to let my kittens go before class. Turns out that Mephisto doesn’t like cats so had them removed when I was at the hospital last night. He then has the nerve to sit by me as we eat. I didn’t like the look on his face when he came over because I had a bad feeling and knew it had something to do with my nightmare. Rin has to go and make him mad by eating his food and I give a small sigh knowing that they would get into a small fight over it. I was going to have to look into that odd man in my dreams, really who has green hair like that? I was so lost in thought that when Mephisto shakes me I jump. “See she is still all there.” He says before giving a laugh. Ohhhh that can’t be good. “I was just asking if you would make us a cake with strawberries in it?” Mephisto asks as he leans closer to me.

          “Ummm….. Ok I guess I can make one once we get back to the school.” I say before looking down at the table watching the food cook. On our way back we stop to get what I need to make a cake and once back at our dorm I make a few strawberry cheesecakes. They all seemed to love it and then they all head home once they were done leaving me alone with my brothers and Mephisto. “I’m heading up to my room to do some studying. Bye Mephisto.” I say before I head up to my room.