Chapter 5

~Aki’s pov. ~

          The next day I still wasn’t feeling well but I wouldn’t let my brothers know that because they would keep me from going to classes. In cram school I was just as surprised as Yukio to see Rin studying. Ryuji stops to talk with him and I get up to leave deciding that I would go get some clean air before the next class starts. I sit by that water fountain again and close my eyes enjoying the sun. I must have started to doze off because I wake up to cold water being splashed on me and I look at the teacher who had done it. I was then given a lecture about how I needed to come to class no matter what and he was going to tell my brother. He pulled me in front of the class and Yukio stops talking to all the students looking shocked that I was missing from class. Even Rin looks shocked as he stands. “She skipped class with me today. Seeing as how she is your responsibility take care of her and don’t let it happen again.” He says before storming out of the room.

          Yukio and Rin give each other that look that said they were both going to scold me and I tried to slip out of the room but Ryuji had gotten his hands on me keeping me from running. He pulls me over to his desk and forces me to sit next to him as Yukio goes back to his lesion. Once he was done Rin and Yukio walk over to me Shiemi was following them. Ryuji and his friends stayed but all the others practically ran from the room. “Aki where did you go?” Rin ask as he puts his hand to my head. I slap it away and give him that look that says I’m not telling you. “Aki you need to tell us. Rin and I are responsible for you. Your our little sister after all.” Yukio says. The students who stayed gasp when hearing this. Guess they didn’t pay much attention to what was going on with us. “I went outside to get some fresh air and fell asleep. It won’t happen again.” I snap before standing and walking away from my brothers but they both got a hold of me and I lost it. “Let me go.” I scream as I struggle with them. Ryuji, Shiemi and the two others run like Yukio tells them and once they were out of the room I feel something warm on my left side, the side Rin was holding and I was able to pull away from them. I see blue flames lick up the side of my body and let out a little scream. “What’s happening to me?” I cry.

          Rin walks over and as he reaches out to me the flames go away as fast as they came. I was scared and looked up at my big brothers. “Rin carrier her we are going to go see the headmaster.” Yukio says as he gives me a worried look. I was his only little sister and I was scared out of my mind. He must have known it and Rin does as he is told before following Yukio out of the room. We have our talk with the headmaster and he was a lot of help. I had some of the power Rin did but it was making me sick to use so with the help of Rin and Mephisto, I was back to normal and a new seal was placed on the dagger I had. It was to keep my powers in check. I was worried Yukio would hate me so when we were alone I looked at him. “Do you hate me like you hate Rin?” I ask. Yukio has a pained look on his face before he walks over to me and pulls me into a hug. “I couldn’t hate you like that. I was mad at Rin because of what happened with father but you don’t have anyone to hurt that way but me and Rin. We both would never let you get hurt or hate you for this.” Yukio says before kissing the top of my head. He then sends me to bed and I fall into an uneasy sleep.

~Yukio’s pov~

          I was really worried about Aki.  Mephisto wanted to talk to me about Aki so I left Rin with her. She had been so scared and thought I would hate her. I sigh as I walk knowing I had made a mistake letting her sit there to listen to the fight I had with Rin on our first day of cram school. I couldn’t find it in me to hate my little sister because she was just like Rin. All this was hard on her and Rin and myself. We as a family were being pulled apart and I needed them just as much as they needed me. I had made up my mind that once I was done with talking to Mephisto I would go get what I needed to help bring our family together. That just happened to be food and I know Rin loved to cook just as much as Aki loves to make sweets. This would be a long talk with Mephisto.