Chapter 9

A few days later Rin goes out to get us some ice cream which I was sure he would eat all of before he got home. What was taking him so long? He knew that I didn’t like being alone in this place and he had been gone for longer then he said he would be.  I then remember that Yukio was still here and he had a fan in his room that I could use if I begged him.  I jump from my seat and walk quickly to their room. “Yukio my fan isn’t working can I stay in here with you?” I ask as I hug him from behind. Yukio sighs before stopping what he was doing to look at me. “Sit here and let me get back to work.” Yukio says. I nod before sitting on the floor next to him and watch him work until Rin comes back. Rin forgot Yukio’s water and my ice cream. “Aki here you can have my other one.” Rin says when I start to cry. “No way Rin you know I don’t like those things.” I say before grabbing one of Yukio’s books to read.

          Rin and Yukio start to fight about our father and when Rin stepped forward he steps on me and hits Yukio’s glasses off his face. They broke and landed back on his head. Rin then points and laughs which I didn’t find it very funny and neither did Yukio. Once Yukio was done on the phone he looks down at me. “Aki did Rin hurt you when he stepped on you?” Yukio ask as he helps me up. “No not really.” I say. Yukio gives me a smile then leads me away from Rin. “Go change I want you to come with me because when I am done with this mission I wanted to take you somewhere.” Yukio says. I nod then rush to my room before changing quickly and coming out to meet Yukio. Yukio grabs my hand then drags me away. When we get to where we were going Yukio stops. “Wait here for me. Alright Aki?” Yukio says before giving me a big smile. I nod my head and as he walks throw Rin shows up following Yukio.

          I hear a voice in my head scream liars and walk closer to the line where I am stopped. “You can’t pass.” The man says. “My brother is over there please let me over to him.” I say. He looks over his shoulder at Yukio then nods before walking me over to him. “Aki go back to where Yukio left you.” Rin says before looking at the cat that was giant.  Yukio tells us about how that cat was a demon and belonged to our dad. Once he was done I pull on Yukio’s arm. Yukio looks down at me with a frown. “I know you told me to stay there but I heard someone screaming liars and wanted to see who it was.” I say. Yukio’s eyes soften then he pats my head. “Stay over here where it’s safe and if you hear that person talk again yell at me.” Yukio says. I nod and before Yukio can walk away I grab him. “I hear it again.” I say with a small frown then look over at Rin.

          “Rin can you hear it too?” I whisper as I look up at my brother. He nods then looks at the cat again. They walk away and after a few minutes of talking the other exorcist run back to where I am and one of them tries pulling my away but I get out of his hold and run over to Yukio and Rin. “Rin you heard it too right? I’m not crazy am I?” I ask as I reach them. Rin pats my head then looks at Yukio who was going to kill that demon. Rin convinces Yukio to let him talk to the cat and I stay next to Yukio. Rin gets the cat to stop and it was sad to see it crying like that. I wanted to walk over to him and pet him making him feel better. I sit with my brothers and that cute little cat with two tails was rubbing up against Rin. Kuro that was his name and Yukio had some of our fathers sake with him. “No fair why does he get to be Rin’s familiar?” I ask with a pout on my face as I stand to look at both my brothers and Kuro. “Because Rin knows what he is saying.” Yukio says. I frown at him then shake my head. “I can hear him to you know. I hate you, both of you.” I scream before running away from them.

          I know it was over dramatic but it really wasn’t fair for them to treat me like I was 10 instead of 15 like them. So what if I was the youngest? I kick a rock as I walk and look up at the big, scary dorm that I didn’t really want to be in. If I had the key to go I would go to see Shiemi and ask her if she wouldn’t mind letting me stay with her for a few days. It’s not like Rin or Yukio would miss me they had each other and could fight demons when I couldn’t even keep kittens safe without them being taken away from me, but Rin can keep a cat demon because he could hear what it was saying. Well so could I but no one cares about that now do they. I sigh before walking away from our dorm knowing there was no way I would go in there tonight and would just have to stay in a tree by it until tomorrow.  Knowing my brothers they might come looking for me but I didn’t know if I wanted to go with them if they did find me.

~ Yukio’s pov. ~

          Aki had run off mad saying she hated us. I knew she didn’t mean it but still I could see why she said that. “Say Yukio do you think she really meant what she said. Aki doesn’t really hate us does she?” Rin asks after looking down at Kuro who was drunk. He looks sad and we both knew that Aki had been a bit off since we had that exam. “I don’t think she really does hate us. Rin she is trying to deal with all of this, I mean dad’s death, finding out about you being who you are, and she thinks I hate her because she is a little like you and Mephisto took away her kittens but was alright with you having a cat familiar. There are also her living in a dorm that looks like a haunted house and her reoccurring nightmares.” I say before sighing. Rin nods his head before standing and picking up Kuro. “We should go find her. I’m really worried about her you know.”  Rin says before giving me a half hearted smile.  We walk to our dorm looking around hoping to see Aki as we went. I see her sitting in a tree looking at our dorm like she was scared of it and when she looks over at me she gives me a big smile.