Chapter 2

Lydia chooses a small coffee shop down the street. Stiles knows the place, a friend of his is the owner. He just hopes he's not there right now or it will be weird. The coffee shop is small, cozy, more rustic than the other ones, almost more private. It suits them. The way Lydia and Stiles touched was something he never experienced before but it felt right, familiar somehow. But that can't be. If they had met before, he sure wouldn't forget about that.

Feeling like she imposed on his own alone time, Lydia insisted on getting their drinks while he picked a table for them by the window, but Stiles nods to his friend - who of course had to be working - letting him know that he'd be the one paying for the coffees, not her. The guy behind the bar nods in agreement, smiling. As the woman waits for their drinks, her back facing him, Stiles stares at her frame. She's probably the most beautiful woman he's ever met. Her long hair is not so much red, more like strawberry blonde, and those green eyes... Her skin looks like marble and she's much shorter than him, her head reaching about the height of his shoulders. She's sexy but her clothes hide her frame a little, with skinny jeans and a large long shirt hanging loose at her waist. And her lips, so full and rosy... Stiles blushes. And of course that's the time she'd choose to come to the table. He quickly lowers his head and stares at his hands like they are the most interesting thing in the world.

"Here," she offers him one of the mugs. "Black coffee, two sugars, right?"

He nods. "Yes, thank you." He notices she's drinking the same thing and raises his eyebrow, doubtful. No one he knows likes their coffee just black.

"Just one sugar," she says smiling. "I like my coffee strong." They are staring at each other and it's disconcerting, but neither wants to look away. It's like they have to.

The guy from the bar brings them some toasts, hiding a smirk when Stiles gives him a glare because how dare he interrupt their moment? When he leaves, Stiles turns to Lydia. "Did you order this?"

"Yes, I skipped breakfast. Guess I got distracted with the muffins this morning. You can have some, if you want."

"You baked those muffins this morning?" He tilts his head. "What time did you get up?"

"Around four." She says biting her lip but breaks out laughing as he stares at her, a skeptic look on his face. "I was a little nervous about today and I can't sleep when I'm nervous... It's her first day here."

"Oh. How old is she?"

"She just turned four last month. Eric?"

"He'll be five in a few weeks. She's beautiful." Lydia smiles, taking a sip of her drink. "It's obvious where she got the looks." Stiles didn't mean to say it like that, so openly, and now they are both blushing. He chuckles. "I mean, she's adorable."

Lydia blushed not because she was embarrassed, but because he complimented her. And, go figure, the way he said it, she almost believed him. And it's been a while since someone saw her that way. Years, actually. "Thank you. You two are not so bad yourselves," she says grinning.

Stiles gasps, almost spilling his drink and they both laugh. Sure, he has had a few girlfriends but he's not the you're-so-hot-i-wanna-sleep-with-you type of guy, he's usually the friendzoned one, so he's not really used to hear such things. "Oh my god, don't say things like that when I'm drinking. I'll just make a fool of myself." He scratches the back of his neck and tries to hide a smile.

"Sorry," she mutters. "I think you're doing just fine, though."

Their cheeks are red again, but it doesn't matter. They feel comfortable. "So did you two move here? I don't think I've seen you around before..."