Chapter 3

Lydia turns around to see a woman with a stroller in front of her, a big smile on her face. The brunette has her hair shorter now, around her shoulders. When Lydia knew her, her hair was long. And she's a little taller, but not much, and she still looks as beautiful as Lydia remembers her.

"Oh my god, Allison! I found you!" She almost runs to the girl and they hug for a long time.

"More like I found you. When did you get here?"

"Just last week. I lost my phone last month and your number was in it," Lydia explains. "I couldn't reach you, sorry."

Allison hugs her again. "I don't care. You're here now, that's what matters." They both smile.

Lydia can see Stiles coming closer to both of them but doesn't pay him much attention. This is not about him right now. She turns to the stroller where a beautiful baby girl is asleep. "And who's this?"

"This is Claudia. She's six months old."

"She's beautiful." Lydia can't help but to let out a screech.

Stiles takes a peek at the baby and brushes his fingers on her cute little cheek fondly. "Shh. Lydia, you'll wake her."

Allison pretends to look confused. "Wait, you two know each other?"

Stiles and Lydia look nervously at each other and try to hide their faces, now getting rosy. Obviously Allison notices, but doesn't say anything.

Lydia is the first to speak. "Hmm I only met Stiles this morning. Ariel just started preschool here today and..."

Allison cuts her off. "Who's Ariel?"

Stiles answers. "It's her daughter. Oh just wait for her, Ally, she's gorgeous."

Lydia is perplexed that Stiles would answer for her about something so personal since they barely know each other. She's so perplexed, in fact, that she even missed the way he called the brunette by her nickname. But it didn't really bother Lydia what Stiles said, she notices. And the way he said it was... Well, caring, for the lack of a better word. He already sounds more invested in her daughter's life than her father ever did.

Allison looks shocked. "God. Lydia Martin, a mother? That's something I never thought would happen." There's a smirk all over her face that Lydia returns.

"I could say the same about you!" Lydia bites back. They both laugh.

"Well this is fun and all, but I have questions," Stiles intervenes, feeling a little out of place. The girls turn to him. "Okay. First, how do you two know each other? And second, Ally what are you doing here?"

"What do you mean, what am I doing here? I came to pick up Eric. It was my turn."

"Allison, I know you've been tired and all, but you gotta pay attention. I texted you this morning offering to come pick him up, and you actually replied saying 'thanks, you're a life saver'," he says, mimicking Allison.

Allison looks stunned. "I did?"

Stiles tries not to laugh. "I love you, Ally, I do. But you need to rest, like asap. And now, back to question one."

Lydia was amused seeing their interactions and was lost, again, paying attention to his hands. Stiles seems to move them a lot when he talks. Distracted as she was, Lydia didn't even notice that Stiles was talking to her, so thank god Allison answered his question. "We met when Lydia was attending college. I worked at a bar she used to go to."

"Oh so you've known each other for a while..." Stiles is cursing Allison in his head so bad right now. Why on Earth hadn't she ever mentioned Lydia?