Chapter 7

Stiles smiles softly as he looks down at his hands, still in hers. His heart is racing and his mind is unstoppable. He focuses on his breathing hoping to keep it steady, knowing she's looking at him, studying him. He lets out a sigh. "So, a date, uh?" She nods, smiling. He chuckles. "I might need to loosen up a bit for this if we're gonna talk about things... Wanna open one of Coach's bottles?" Coach gave him two bottles of some very fine (according to him) wine for Stiles' birthday. Stiles raises an eyebrow amused, smiling back at the strawberry blonde.

"Sure." She grabs one of his hands. "Come on."

They glance at Claudia - who's asleep in her stroller - as Lydia leads him to the kitchen. While Stiles opens one of the bottles, Lydia finds two wine glasses.

"Chocolate?" She asks, waving a big dark chocolate bar that was on the kitchen table, a treat from Carter to Stiles.

"Chocolate with wine?" He looks at her in disbelief.

"You've never tried it?" He shakes his head and they both laugh. "You'll see. It's so good and..."

She stops talking abruptly as soon as she hears Allison's voice coming from the kitchen door. "What are you two laughing about?"

Even though they stopped laughing, they are both still smiling. "Just gathering some snacks," Lydia replies nonchalantly, waving the chocolate bar again.

Allison suppresses a laugh. "It's past one in the morning."

Stiles glances at Lydia and smiles, unable to hide his happiness. "We're not tired yet."

"Okay..." Allison drags the word but doesn't press the matter. "Stiles, would you mind if we stayed? I know it's late, sorry..."

"Of course. Claudia fell asleep like twenty minutes ago."

Allison walks towards them and hugs him. "Ugh, I love you. I'll take her upstairs."

Lydia smiles. Her heart warms a little more every time she sees this devotion, affection. She just can't get enough of how much all the family members love and trust each other. "Did you check on the kids on your way down?"

"Yes. Totally out." Allison moves from Stiles to Lydia, hugging her too and then backing away. "I'll see you guys in the morning."

After she leaves and they head back to the living room, Lydia goes sit on the same spot on the floor as before and Stiles dims down the lights, then making his way in her direction.

Lydia laughs, a smirk spreading across her features. "Setting the mood?"

Stiles stops walking and starts babbling. "W-What? No! I mean, it's late so I figured... I wasn't implying anything, I swear. Do you want me to..."

"Stiles," she pats the floor beside her and he sits in the same position as before, facing her, definitely closer now, one's leg touching the other's arm. "I was joking." She bites her lower lip before continuing speaking, her tone a little lower now. "You're nervous and I'm nervous, okay? So," she hands him one of the glasses, "let's just leave it aside alright?"

He smiles and they taste the wine, taking their time to let the flavor sink in. It's warm and fruity, not too strong.

"Shit, this is delicious," Lydia lets out while breaking the chocolate bar into little pieces, giving a few to Stiles. She doesn't even give him time to say anything before she eats a piece of chocolate and sips her wine again. He's watching her amused as she savors intently, her eyes closed. She actually moans. "Oh god, this is so good..."

He almost spits his wine. "Fuck, Lyds!" She starts laughing and he shushes her, not able to stop the smile forming on his lips. "I can leave you alone with the wine, if you want," he mutters, raising his eyebrows suggestively.