Chapter 10

I was frozen in my spot while a group of six rogues began circling me. I could see them, closely watching my every reaction with eyes that were calculating and yet held a sense of excitement at the sight of me-their prey.

Usually in this type of situation, people see their lives flash before their eyes. However, that was not the case for me.

All I could think of was how stupid I was for putting myself in this situation. I should have never left the pack house. I should have known better.

I've never spent a day on training before so my chances against these rogues were minimal and I doubt there would be anyone nearby to save me.

They were inching closer to me, teeth bared and ready to attack. Fear rushed through my veins as I desperately hoped for someone or something to save me.

My chest felt heavier with each breath I took. If this was how my life was going to end, my biggest regret would be not spending my last few days with the one that mattered most to me.

At that moment, an image of Logan and I cuddling in our little haven in the woods while our pups ran around us popped inside my head.

No. I'm not going to let a bunch of rogues take that from me. I am not going to die without a fight.

I crouched in a defensive position, growling at them. I shifted and pounced as the closest one ran towards me, causing us to roll over the ground.

He attempted to bite but I was writhing too much for him to even pin me down. I turned my head to the side, trying to sink my teeth into his neck.

He caught on immediately to what I was trying to do and began to press his weight down onto my shoulder. I yelped when I heard a sickeningly loud pop. The pain on my shoulder was getting worse by the second and my vision started to blur.

Unfortunately, that didn't mean the rogues were done with me. The one on top of me held me still while the others began to inch closer.

One got so close that I could feel his breath against my fur. It was repulsing. I snapped my teeth at him but he jerked back before I could sink my teeth into his skin.

He looked down at me, his eyes sparkling with an evil glint. He was mocking me and that thought alone fueled my anger.

He snarled, moving his snout dangerously close to my neck.

This was the end.

This was how I was going to die.

Logan, forgive m-

A thunderous growl echoed through the woods. It was him

He found me.

The rogues turned their attention to him and snarled. They were either fearless or just plain dumb. I'd say they were the latter.

They looked like pups in comparison to my mate who was right there, his eyes blazing with anger and his pure black wolf ready to go for the kill.

My heart pounded at the sight of him.

I didn't get to dwell on the thought of seeing him again because in an instant the rogues lunged at him from all sides. They outnumbered him by six to one but that didn't seem to be a problem for Logan.

They underestimated the strength of an alpha, more so the strength of an overprotective mate. I knew Logan was strong, yet that didn't stop me from worrying every time a rogue tried to knock him down.

I heard the sound of several wolves coming our way. I hoped to God they were from our pack.

I didn't get to know the answer because my vision began to blur once again and this time, darkness enveloped me.