Chapter 1

'You and your fat ass is never going to leave this place!'

'You worthless piece of trash!'

'Nobody wants you!'

My body lurched forward, trying forget that nightmare or should I say memory? It's been like this every single time. I try to convince myself that they're not real but when I close my eyes, all I see is them.

I haven't eaten for days. I've never been this hungry in my life, and that's saying something. All I've been doing is run, and run, and run. I've ran so far that my legs feel as though they're going to fall off and when that happens, I'll only keep running.

I'll keep running until my heart stops clenching in fear. I'll only stop when I'm certain they'll never find me.

16 days, 365 hours, 21,900 minutes. That's how long it's been since I became a rogue. I haven't eaten since and it won't be long until my body shuts down. I can't turn back now, not when I've already come this far, this far away from them.

Loud, threatening growls fill my ears and that's all I remember before everything turned black.

* * * *

I felt sore everywhere and my head felt like it was hit by a baseball bat or something. I groaned, rolling over before I hit something hard.

My eyes fluttered open and from the look of it, I was in a cell. I tried opening the lock and kicking the bars but it just wouldn't budge. I don't think I even have enough strength to get out of this thing.

I froze when I heard footsteps and hushed murmurs. Whoever they were, they must have been the ones who locked me in here, that would also mean that they're coming for me.

Before I could even prepare myself, I felt a hand wrap around my throat and push me upward until my toes could barely hit the floor.

"What are you doing in our land, rogue?" He sneered, the authority in his voice told me that he must have a high rank in their pack. Although it wasn't enough to make me think he was an alpha, it still made me bow my head in submission.

"I- I'm- I can't t-talk!" I struggled to let the words out. His grip was so tight, it felt like my eyes were about to pop out.

He let me go, making me fall into the ground like a rag doll. I wouldn't be surprised if he treated me worse than this. I was a rogue, after all. No one ever takes mercy on a rogue. They're known to be vicious and rabid creatures. They don't belong in a pack and from what I heard, they've completely lost their humanity.

But being a rogue made me realize that what I used to think may be wrong. Maybe not all rogues were as awful as my pack and packs out there make them seem to be. I'm not saying that all rogues are innocent and deserve to be unharmed, I'm just saying that maybe some rogues are just like me who would rather live alone than to be with a pack they don't want to be a part of.

"Rogue! Answer me!" I jerked out of my thoughts when I felt someone tug on my hair painfully. I held back a low growl.

"I was just passing by, I swear. I mean no harm. Please just let me go," I pleaded, I had just got away from my past. I can't die, not now.

"Chase, we should bring her to the alpha and let him decide." Another boy said, I hadn't noticed him until now. He was tall with dirty blonde hair and he looked to be about my age.

"Okay, let her out but make sure she won't escape." The guy, whose name was Chase, answered.

The bars were unlocked and the blonde, tall, guy grabbed me by my arm and guided me up the stairs. At least I know he's a lot more gentle than the other guy.