Chapter 3

A/n:

This was not edited.

Hope you like it! xx

* * * *

A horrified scream escaped my lips as I woke up from my horrible dream. I felt the beads of sweat forming on my forehead and I could barely catch my breath.

Another jolt of fear rushed through me as the door shot open with a loud bang. Following my instincts, I cowered away until I could feel the headboard against my back.

My eyes were closed. I was too afraid to open them. I felt the bed dip down, making me aware of the fact that someone was on the bed with me.

I nearly jumped when I felt two muscular arms wrap around me. Instead of hurting me like I expected, the person just kept his arms around me.

As my fear began to fade, I noticed the tingles that spread across my body at the touch of this stranger.

He wasn't actually a stranger. He wouldn't hurt me.

He was my mate. Logan.

I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him closer to me.

It was strange to hold him like this. I haven't had contact with somebody who didn't want to hurt me for a long time.

The last that I remember being like this was with my parents. But the thought of them only brought pain. They were the only ones who actually cared and I couldn't accept the fact that they were gone.

I buried my face in my mate's chest and cried.

I cried for my dead parents.

I cried for all the horrible things that happened to me.

And I cried for the fact that I was free.

I could finally be happy with my mate. The thought of growing old, marrying my mate, and having children made me cry even harder.

Those were the things that I never thought that I'd ever have. Now that I was so close to having it, it felt too unreal.

Logan held me close, whispering sweet nothings until I felt like I couldn't cry anymore.

My eyes were probably puffy and they stung a little. I pulled his face closer to mine until our foreheads touched.

"Please don't leave me." I whispered, looking at him with pleading eyes.

I felt pathetic for having to do this but if I were to lose him too, it would be the end of me. It's not normal for wolves to reject their mates but I couldn't stop worrying that he'd reject me.

Rejected wolves either go crazy or die. Some survive it but they'll never be the same. It would always be like there was this missing piece that you'd forever be aware of.

"Why would you even think I'd leave you?" He asked, hurt and frustration marred his perfect face.

I couldn't look him in the eye, "Because everything good in my life always finds a way to disappear." I whispered softly.

He cupped my chin and tilted it so I could look into his eyes. I tried to squirm away but his hand on my waist made me stay in place.

"Never."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I'll never leave you. Never," He murmured before kissing the back of my hand.