Chapter 7

A/n:

This story is starting to get good feedback and I'm really glad that there are people reading this and appreciating my work. Your comments make my day. Xx

I only write updates on my phone so I don't get to really check if there are any mistakes. This wasn't edited so I apologize in advance for any errors.

Hope you like it! Xx

* * * *

Eyes on the ground, no unnecessary movements, keep mouth shut.

I repeated it over and over in my head. These were Alpha Ryan's rules. I couldn't disobey them or else I'd suffer the consequences. I've already been punished three times this week and my body can't take another beating.

I felt drained and exhausted from working all week. I felt like shutting down from lack of sleep and energy.

How could I find time to rest when the whole pack has been ordering me around non stop? I couldn't refuse. I was too afraid.

Right now, I'm in the kitchen preparing the pack's breakfast just as I usually do everyday. The only difference was that I haven't eaten a single meal in days. They usually gave me small portions to eat that left me hungry but not weak enough to do nothing. This is the first time they've starved me for this long.

My mouth watered at the sight of the bacon, pancakes, and eggs I was cooking. My stomach growled and clenched painfully, making me dizzier by the second. If only I could get one piece of pancake or even a single strip of bacon, it would be enough to ease my hunger. I was tempted to but I didn't. I was too afraid.

The last time I snuck some food for myself, Alpha Ryan found out and gave me a beating that had me limping for days. As werewolves, we heal pretty fast but my body was too weak to heal itself.

"Hey you! What are you doing? Move faster you pathetic trash. I won't have you starving the whole pack because of your dawdling."

I jumped in surprise at the sudden arrival of my brother. He was glaring at me, looking down at me in disgust like I was lower than vermin.

"I'm sorry," I squeaked before rushing to finish everything else.

I couldn't understand why he hated me so much. Memories of how close we used to be when we were younger flooded my mind. However, it all seemed like a distant dream that had me doubting that they were real.

I doubt he even remembers what day it is. It's my birthday, my fourteenth to be exact. If someone had told me years ago that this was how I'd spend my fourteenth birthday, I would have thought they were crazy.

But things change. My parents died and suddenly everyone turned their backs on me and made it a mission to ruin everything that was left of me.

I hurriedly brought the trays of food to the table. All eyes were on me, all glaring and shooting daggers. After putting everything on the table, I turned to leave but was stopped by the Alpha.

"Brooklyn! Did I say that you could leave?" He shouted. The whole room was quiet waiting for the answer that I know I shouldn't give.

'Eyes on the ground, no unnecessary movements, keep mouth shut.' I repeated in my head.

"Stay right there and wait until we finish eating." He sneered, his eyes goading me to decline but I didn't. I was too afraid.