Chapter 4

On the inside, I was doing a happy dance, basking in the glory of feeling superior over Lindsey.

Now that she knows I'm Logan's mate, she better back off and stop throwing herself at him.

'He's ours.' My wolf growled lowly.

'Yes, ours.' I agreed.

However, the color drained from my face when I realized that everyone had their eyes on me.

Suddenly all my nerves came crashing down on me like a tidal wave. I have never been the center of attention, never had the spotlight on me, and never had anyone care for that matter.

Their curious eyes were watching me closely, making me squirm under the weight of their stares.

I had expected some kind of rampage, considering that I was a rogue who all of a sudden became their Luna. I made myself ready to face the disgust on their faces, but there was none.

Instead, they were looking at me with a mixture of awe, happiness, and acceptance on their faces.

To say that I was relieved would be an understatement. This meant a lot to Logan and I'm glad that I didn't disappoint him or his pack.

I spent the next hour being passed around the pack, engaging in conversations and trying to remember every single one of their names.

It wasn't an easy feat. There was just too much things to remember that by the end of the hour, my head felt like it was going to explode with all the information.

Logan, being the perfect mate that he is, must have noticed how tired I was and decided to call it a night.

He held my hand securely in his as we made our way upstairs and into his room.

I sat down on his bed while he went to his closet to grab something to wear to sleep. When he went back he handed me a pair of his boxers and a shirt.

"Here you go, you can use my old clothes. Sorry, I couldn't find anything else that could fit you." He said apologetically.

"No, it's fine. This is perfect." I reassured him.

"You can go ahead and use the bathroom first, I have to go and talk to someone for a while."

I nodded, turning towards the bathroom. I didn't even get to take a step before he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to his chest.

He buried his face in my hair, "I won't be long. I'll be back, little mate,"

He hugged me closer to him and let his chin rest on the top of my head, "Don't miss me too much." He whispered teasingly as he pulled away.

I giggled in response and his eyes shone even brighter than it had a few moments ago.

"What a lovely sound to hear." He murmured to himself as he left the room.

The room felt colder the moment he left, but I decided to ignore it and walked into the bathroom.

I frowned as I saw my reflection on the mirror. My hair was a mess and I was wearing the same shirt and ratty jeans I had been wearing for the past three days.

When I left my old pack, I didn't bring a lot with me. All that mattered then was leaving as soon as possible. So I shoved as much valuables as I could in a small bag and ran away.

I didn't have time to pack enough clothes, so it was no surprise when I realized I had no clean clothes left.

My hair was greasy and I felt dirty so I decided to have a quick shower. Logan wouldn't mind, I think.