Chapter 5

Time passed faster than I thought it would. Hours turned into days. Days turned into weeks. Then suddenly I'm waking up in a warm cozy bed exactly one month since I trespassed in Logan's territory.

Sleeping in my mate's arms and waking up to his face was the best thing ever. Every morning I had to stop myself from throwing myself and finally making us fully mated.

No, Logan and I haven't fully mated yet. I think he's trying to take things slow for my sake. He was being a perfect gentleman.

But damn there were times when I just wish I could rip off his clothes and have my wicked way with him. Never have I ever had the urge to throw myself at someone, but with Logan it almost seemed impossible not to.

My heat was coming up soon. I could feel it. I hope Logan changes his mind about taking it slow then or else I'd lose my sanity for sure.

Living with the pack was easier than I expected. Sure, it was awkward in the beginning. People kept bowing their heads at me, avoiding eye contact, and calling me Luna.

I haven't really grown to the idea that I was a Luna. I mean, how could someone as ordinary and weak as me be a Luna?

But being with the Silver Moon Pack made me see things differently. I went from being abused by my old pack to being adored by my new one.

Honestly it was really strange yet refreshing to finally feel like I belonged and that people didn't have to feel like they had to tolerate my presence.

Like what Logan expected, I got close with almost everyone in the pack. Granted, I still hated Lindsey but she had no problem showing me how much she felt the same way. It didn't bother me though, she's a bitch. No pun intended.

I usually spent the day in the kitchen, cooking for the pack. It gave me time to think and it was better than staying inside Logan's room waiting for him to finish all his Alpha duties for the day.

I was used to cooking. I did it a lot for Alpha Ryan and his pack but it always felt like I was obligated to do it. It wasn't like this. I didn't do it because I wanted to, I did it because I was afraid of what would happen if I didn't.

But I'm not afraid anymore. Being here made me realize that.

Logan usually has a routine meeting with the pack warriors and guards to know if there are any suspicious activity happening within or outside our territory but he tries to finish it as quick as he can so he can spend the rest of the day with me.

I keep telling him that it's fine if he had to leave me for a few hours to tend to his duties as Alpha of the pack but he insists that it's a need to spend quality time with his mate. And like a love sick pup, my heart rate spiked at his words.

Logan was an amazing Alpha and an amazing mate. He did all his duties perfectly while making sure that he had enough time to be there for me. Despite all his responsibilities, not once did I feel like I wasn't his top priority.

I was in the kitchen baking cookies for the pups when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

I froze at the sudden contact but relaxed when I inhaled the intoxicating smell of my mate.

"Hey there, little mate." He whispered against my ear. His warm breath making me shiver in delight.

I twisted around his arms to face him, "Hey to you too. What are you doing here?"

I pulled his face closer to mine and rubbed my nose against his in a loving manner.

He groaned and I could see the lust swirling in those beautiful eyes of his. There was no doubt in my mind that the look on my face reflected his.