Chapter One

Calliope's Pov
Being in the presence of my older sister always brought me some clarity in life. She was all I had growing up as my father was busy being a king in our nation tribe. I always felt for my sister as her husband Lord Danbury cared about one thing and one thing only. Keeping my sister full of his children and being sexist at the best times he could.

I lifted my head up to avert my eyes away from the book in my grip shaking with laughter at the sight of Agatha scrubbing away at her body filled to the brim with the water with her favorite servant Coral helping put each jug of the boiling water into the large tub.

"Careful there sister, if you aren't quick enough that boiling water is gonna grow cold. His seed is still swimming." I taunted her with a soft laugh gesturing with my hands.

I dodged the water being splashed at me, slightly watching the way she rolled her eyes playfully all her beautiful hair pinned up.

"Oh please just wait till you have your husband pouncing on you every second. The sight is horrific. The sight of him I haven't died in the spot." A low little snicker shook from my chest shutting my book with a soft thump. I liked being an extra ear for my poor sister's misery in this relationship. My attention turning away from her as the usual servants walked inside the bathroom carrying a elegant letter on a sliver platter.

"Oh what is it now? More boring news of my husband trying to get on the hunts again? He knows it's a White's only." Agatha chuckled gently reaching her hand out to take the letter. Before one of the servants spoke with a gentle clear of his throat.

"Tis actually my lady.. A letter has arrived for your sister Lady Calliope." It was now my turn to lift an eyebrow so quickly in confusion. His tall form walked over to me, placing the letter on top of my book with a small bow to his head. I was still speechless and lost for words, picking up the envelope with a soft flip over the royal seal was in my vision causing me to hold my breath roughly.

"It's from the palace.." I spoke in a hush tone causing for the two ladies to look at me as quickly as could. My sister held a gaze of wide eyes leaning over the tub.

"From the king himself? Well open it hurry hurry before my heart runs away." I rolled my eyes playfully using the sharp edge of  my long finger nail. I ripped opened the envelope grabbing the letter that slipped out unfolding it. I scanned my eyes reading out loud in a playful manner.

Lady Calliope it has come to our attention that you hold some royal blood along with your sister. Seeing as lady Agatha is already married to her lord. We would like to offer you a position to be married to his majesty a carriage will be sent to you in a day's time notice we wish you hope and happiness for the future queen of Britain and Ireland.

  My voice was quick to silence as fast as the playfulness had run through me. My eyes were wide like plates clutching the letter towards my hammering chest, the shock expression from everyone else was enough to have me squeaking out.

"Me.. Marrying the King.. The king of Britain!" I exclaimed in shocked, I shot up from the chair it scrapping over the floor roughly. The corset already crushing my ribs felt extra tight like. My hair whipping to the side sudden as I rushed over to the window. I was hoping it would slide open and I could fall to my death.

"Calliope.. You are gonna be the queen. Father would have such a fit oh my goodness." A loud startled squeal left me feeling how fast my sister had leaped from the tub even in her naked form she was hugging me fast like, shaking at me quick like.

"Oh my goodness.. It's happening you are to be married." I was still shocked, my jaw clutched a little in a nervous like state. I held at both my book and the letter, looking back down quick like. I was reading through the letter word by word. Sentence by sentence wondering if this was a mistake.

"Agatha... This only happens in those stories I read I can't be the queen.. They are so colorist... they hate our kind even if we have the same royal status and titles as them." A flood of warm tears almost escaped from me suddenly. I felt faint like I was gonna pass out.

"This is real life sweetie. You may be seventeen but do you understand the change that's gonna happen? How much is gonna change." She cupped at my face with a smile on her face squishing at my cheeks.

"It's time to put the books away honey.. You need to experience what's in front of you." I fluttered my heavy eyes a couple times a small little pout taking over, using my free hand to cup at her hands.

"But the men are always perfect in my books.. I think my expectations are too high sister." A softer much louder laugh left from her pretty face. As she grabbed at the back of my slick hair, hugging me tightly with laughter.

"You poor dear.."