Chapter Nine

Calliope's Pov
The night when everything almost changed so drastically for George and me was the night after many intimate laughs and snuggles with one another.

I had found George yelling at his mother that he had done what she had asked. He had sex he consummate the marriage, he got married like she had wanted.

I could hear the annoyance the anger all in George's voice. It brought me almost to my own angry tears of mine. My heart ached to be accepted, I wanted to hate him for how one minute.  He was treating me like the world and the very next it was like he hated me.

After the honeymoon stage the actual coronation day and ceremony happened. For the first time in a long time we seemed like the happy married couple.  We had been from the start, smiling and waving. Once those large doors closed. It was like we both had a sickness surrounding us taking off layers and layers of clothing.

"I'm surprised you aren't glaring at me again." George turned his head to stare at me, rolling his eyes slightly taking off his crown with one motion.

"Oh please it's not like I hate my wife.. When did you become so nagging all the time?" My own mouth formed open to pretest at him profoundly until I was heading the loudest clearing of the throat coming from Brimsley and Reynolds. George seemed to have blinked to himself a couple times before he was muttering out.

"It's an even day darling..?" It was now my turn to give him a look.

"What..? It can't be it was the other day-" I was cut off by a very forceful deep like kiss being placed on my lips big hands grabbing at my face to urge me close.

The one day we never seemed to argued was even days. I melted on the spot, feeling his hands move to grab at my crown to toss at Brimsley to catch which he did in a instant.

I despised how quickly he could grow a fire in the pits of my stomach. His lips feverishly moved with my own soon, bits of clothing was flying off and out into the air in a pile.  We laid there on the floor in a heat of touches. All the guards being roughly called out of the foyer.

That was the start of what George and I called even and odd days. I usually left him alone on odd days. I let him watch his planets and stars, do his science. He would leave me to my own devices and our adorable poodles. But on even days it was to make sure.. That a royal baby was growing.

The large dinning room, library, once outside in the rose gardens.. It wasn't even a fact that there was a child growing.

My bare feet stalked across the floor, making my way towards his room pushing open the doors with a heavy sigh. The heat of bubbles and heat around the entire room in a mists like state.

When the doors shut behind me, it was when George had looked up from where he was lounging in the bath, his eyes stalking and watching me. Staring at the light pink nightgown one of the many his mother had bought.

"It's an even day.." I stated out feeling the strands of my hair falling out of the large bun. My hands were sloppy. I slipped off the lace front of the nightgown, watching George move a little closer.

"Reynolds get out." He was quick to order out, another set of the doors slamming had my eyes looking back up to meet his. Another demanding like exclaim from him as he grew impatient.

"Just get in." His eyes were flicking up and down to watch me even more in a daze.

"Are you mad? Your mother spent thousands on this nightgown she will kill me if it gets destroyed." My words weren't complete when wet hands grabbed at my sides to yank me into the water right on his lap soaking the pink gown sticking and clinging to my form.

It was my turn now to bring him in for a deep kiss cupping at the sides of his wet jaw, a sloppy like chuckle left from his lips. He spoke between each wet peck of a kiss.

"I'll buy you thousands more..prettier ones it's in the way. I need to feel you." It was my turn to be thrown into a fit of sudden of laughter on his lips, pressing my forehead to his even more feeling his hands move to lift up my thighs higher onto his own.

"And here I was thinking you were hating me." He smiled in response over my lips, slowly rolling his tongue out to meet with my own in a slow motion.

"Nonsense I adore your whole being... My little melody of music."