Chapter Ten

Calliope's Pov
I wonder if that man has a twin.. He must he. I was peering around the edge of the curtains moving them seeing George wad outside near the gardens. Aggressively he was slamming his axe down to chop up some wood, bare chested.

It was like I was a star stuck girl watching my husband. His personality was switching back and forth. Even after we sore no more even and odd days.

"Maybe he has a twin what do you think sister I mean with a body like that." I was rambling for some time with Agatha and Charlotte when they came and visited me.

It was always sweet and just friends, yet there was this strange aura around my sister today when she came by.

"Calliope! I love you you are my sister but please! I'm talking to you now as the queen not my sister." Her exclaim causes for Charlotte to jolt a little rolling her eyes, sipping from her tea cup rough like.

"I know I'm sorry I'm sorry.. I just I want George's attention. I know you came here asking me for something, I'm listening." I flashes her an apologetic look in the eyes smoothing out my dress to step towards her.

"I want to hold the first ball of the season.. I know you are trying to get your husband's but your people need you.. I need you no one will come to my ball..  But if you and King come everyone will have no reason but to come because their king and queen are attending can you promise me that you two will attend, I'm begging." My eyes narrowed with sadness, exhaling.

Knowing we had to get this race and class wars between us done. Black and white was happening whether the kingdom wanted it or not.

"Alright I'll talk to him. I swear it." I grabbed at hee hands squeezing at it, before looking to Charlotte who set her tea cup down casually leaning back on the sofa.

"I'll hold the second ball of season then." She grins at me causing relief to wash over me, I then look at Brimsley was leaning over the wall watching us closely.

"I'll get started on the invites then my queen."

_________________________
It was a long discussion, yet now it was my turn to get George to gather himself out of his comfort zone and go out into the public eye. We laid together in our chambers tangled in one another's embraces, legs and arms.

"George can I ask you something please?" I gathered him away from his thoughts, seeing him faintly smile at me pressing his forehead to my own.

"Anything what's on your mind?" I laid my hands to rest over his chest. I got lost in his eyes for a couple seconds the rhythm of his heart rapping against my palm.

"I know that you don't like going out in public and I know this is difficult getting use to one another the chambers, no more even days." His chuckles were like music to my ears, his rough large palms sliding up my nightgown to rub at my hips in a soothing manner.

"My sister is throwing a ball and you know how much I adore my older sister. Can we make an appearance there and at Charlotte I know it overwhelms you but I need to make an appearance there as the queen and you as a king and then we won't have to do it again for a while please." My pleads sounded to desperate echoing out through the shared chambers.

He looked uncomfortable with the idea for a moment sliding his hands away from my hips, to cup at my jaw pressing lingering kisses over my face a few times.

"We can go I promise. You know that seeing you happy matters to me. Will it make you happy?" My eyes scanned through his own seeing the sincerity laced through them. I found myself nodding my head in a gentle manner brushing my lips over his smiling in a light manner.

"It would make me happy if you were happy too. So yes it would make me happy." I giggle on his lips a few more times pressing ourselves closer to one another. My arms moved to stay in place around his neck nuzzling into him with a soft smile.

"Thank you darling."