Chapter 25

War of Hearts (Acoustic Version) by Ruelle

"Let's get going. We've got a lot of ground to cover. Everybody gets new search grids today." Rick instructs us all as we gather around the Cherokee again, map back on the bonnet. "If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl found, she might've gone further east than we've been so far."

The plan is to seperate into pairs and map out the woods surrounding the far, east side.

Each pair has a certain section to search and we are to flag our borders so we don't get our sections crossed.

Rick pairs himself with Shane, Andrea with Carol and me with Glenn.

Shane dumps his hat on top of my head and winks at me, then we go our seperate ways.

~

"Been spending time with Maggie, huh? She seems nice." I say to Glenn, about thirty minutes into our search.

I feel like I haven't spoken to him much at all since we arrived here. I miss him.

"Yeah.." he answers a bit glumly.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Uh-huh." I comment sarcastically.

We continue on in silence for a moment.

"It's Maggie.." he finally admits.

I look at him and raise my eyebrows, waiting for him to elaborate.

"She started off being mean to me. Then she wanted to have sex with me and now she's being mean to me again. Does that mean anything?"

"Woah okay, um, I don't know.." I think through his unexpected words while I scan the woods. "How do you know she wanted to have sex with you?"

I look back at him and he has a ridiculous smirk on his face.

"Oh my god, you didn't?"

He nods his head.

"You did?! Glenn!"

He smiles proudly and stifles a laugh.

"You better hope her father doesn't hear about it. He'll kick us right off the farm for good." I say.

"She's twenty two.." Glenn says, not understanding my worry.

"Yeah but he already hates us and I'm sure he's waiting for a reason to exile. Hope you both enjoyed yourselves. Did you not think about the repercussions?"

"Actually, I was thinking I might be dead tomorrow." Glenn says, all humour gone.

He looks at me for a moment and then keeps walking.

He was happy and I ruined it..

Honestly, Glenn has a point.

It really shouldn't be a big deal. Or a bad thing.

"True.." I say following him. "Well, good for you, man. C'est la vie."

He laughs and I'm glad he's happy again.

"Same to you and Shane."

"Excuse me?" I say sharply.

"What, I can't talk about that? No 'I show you mine, you show me yours?'" he asks, smiling.

"..There's nothing to talk about." I tell him.

He takes in the serious expression on my face.

"Wait, you haven't had sex?"