Chapter 20

Wow. Just wow, wow, WOW!
No spoilers here for those of you who haven't seen the S3 finale of Walker yet but my word! What an episode! What an ending!

S4 can't get here quick enough.

Anyway, I'm back! Enjoy the update y'all.

This chapter is rated M for mentions of sexual assault, abuse, kidnapping and being held captive.

~~~~~

'Maddie! You’re finally here!’

Maddie laughed as Rose came running down the drive towards her, the girl giving her a hug before she’d even gotten out of the car. ‘Hey. I’m so sorry I’m late. My horses got out earlier-’ She explained as Rose let her go, the little girl stepping back again. ‘so I had to go looking for them.’

‘Did you find them? Are they alright?’

‘Yeah, they’re alright. Dakota didn’t get far, found her grazing a short distance from the paddock but Bel and Hope decided to go visit the mustang herd over at Colton’s place.’

‘Mustangs? There’s a mustang herd? When did that happen? Tell me, tell me now!’

‘If you’d let me get a word in, I’ll tell you all about it.’ Maddie promised with a laugh. ‘And there’s someone in the back who wants to meet you.’

Peering into the back seat through the window, Rose squealed with excitement. ‘You’ve got a dog! When did you get a dog? What’s her name? What’s her breed?’

‘Looks like someone’s excited you’re here.’ Abeline remarked with a chuckle as she brought Maddie’s wheelchair over for her. ‘Hello Rose.’

‘Hello Abeline.’ She replied politely before turning back to Maddie to continue her onslaught of questions. ‘Can I pat your dog? Why didn’t you tell me you’ve got a dog?’

‘One question at a time, little one.’ Maddie told her as she moved from the car to her wheelchair. Wheeling herself back Abeline closed the door for her and Maddie opened the back door. Sasha sat patiently on the seat, tail wagging as she waited to be allowed out of the car. ‘Come.’

‘Oh she’s so cute!’ Rose exclaimed as the dog jumped out and sat beside Maddie’s chair. ‘Can I give her a pat? Please?’

‘Yes, you may.’

‘Thank you! Thank you!’

Abeline smiled, grabbing Maddie’s backpack for her from the backseat and placed it on her lap. ‘Hope you have a good visit.’ She remarked softly to Maddie as Rose fussed over her dog. ‘I’ve packed you some muffins in your bag to share with Rose.’

‘Brilliant.’

Reaching back into the car she pulled out Sasha’s harness, cape and lead. ‘Don’t forget these either, in case you need them.’

‘What would I do without you?’ Maddie questioned with a chuckle as Abeline placed her gear on top of her backpack. 

‘Forget everything.’ She teased, giving Maddie a kiss on her forehead. ‘Have fun girls.’

‘We will.’

‘And text me when you want me to pick you up.’

‘Mmhmm.’ Maddie nodded. ‘Will do.’

Abeline turned back to Rose. ‘Don’t be too cheeky for my Maddie girl, you hear?’

‘Me? Cheeky?’ She giggled, giving her a hug. ‘Never.’