Chapter 1

If you haven't read the description, this is my very first fic on Wattpad so

it may seem a little bad but I'm trying to improve. See end of chapter for

more notes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June POV:

I slash a monster across the stomach with my spear, ignoring Rezzoch's attempts to get me to join them. Rezzoch, after realizing that I wouldn't give in, they decide to go try to get Quint to join him. Of course, Quint refuses.

I rush over to Jack who's panicking and breathing heavily.

"This is all just a distraction to keep us here!" I shout, "We've got to get out before-'

I'm cut off by Jack's screams. I stare at him, panicked. When he opens his eyes, I see they're blue.

"I can't!' Jack gasps, 'Rezzoch's already inside of me. Go!"

I put a comforting hand on Jack's shoulder along with Quint.

"We're not leaving you," Quint says.

"Ever," Dirk adds.

Jack lets out another scream of pain.

"Jack," I say, "You can fight have power here!'

"I can't," Jack mumbles weakly.

I can tell we're losing him. A huge wave of fear and panic hits me. No. We can't lose him. Not yet.

"Jack please!" I cry.

Jack looks as if he's barely able to keep his eyes open. Hopefully he last a little longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack POV:

My eyes feel heavy. My entire body hurts. I could feel the connection between me and Rezzoch now. I'm able to hear June screaming telling me to hang on. Quint pulls me into a hug. It hurts to touch anyone or anything so I try to flinch away.

"Just give in Jack. You know you want to," Rezzoch hisses.

Rezzoch's right. I want to give in. Giving in will make all the horrid pain stop. But at the same time, I didn't want to leave my friends. I couldn't. I try to fight back but I can't. I'm too weak.

A new, harsher wave of pain hits me. I scream in agony as my skin turns a blue so bright it's almost white. The glow more intense.

I can hear Quint screaming at me but I can't make out what he's saying.

Finally, I give in. And everything fades to black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quint POV:

I watch in horror as Jack's eyes close. No. It can't- we can't lose him. The dreamscape starts to shatter as Rezzoch laughs.

"Don't worry," Rezzoch says, "I'll take good care of Jack for you."

My eyes fill with tears. Then I am yanked from the dreamscape along with June and Dirk.

"No!" I sob.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June POV:

Me, Quint, and Dirk are violently ripped from the dreamscape. As I return to my body I rush over to Jack who lay's limp on the floor of the comic store. I hear the King Wretch screech in pain as Rezzoch rips away from it.

Jack's eyes snap open. But they're not they're normal deep blue color. They're black with cyan irises.

No. No. This can't be happening. After the fight we put up, in the end we failed. We failed Jack.

Jack gets up as his skin turns the same shade of blue it was in the dreamscape. He has an evil grin on his face.

A tear slides down my cheek.

"We've gotta get out of here!' Dirk screams, panicked.

But I can't move. I'm frozen in place, staring at Jack who stares back at me, grinning.

Quint grabs my arm and practically drags me out of the store.

We hop into Big Mama and drive away as fast as possible. I break down in the back seat while Skealka comforts me.

We arrive at the treehouse and I rush into my room and lock the door as I cry myself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rezzoch POV:

I smirk as I watch the humans drive away in their machine. What's it called again? A car? I'm not sure. I climb onto the roof and stare at the sky, happy with myself.

With that, I hop back into the building and. The new body I inhabit starts to feel tired. I groan. Do all humans get tired this quickly? I guess I could get a bit of sleep so that I could have full energy tomorrow

With that, I walk to the back of the store and lay down as I drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quint POV:

I sit in my room. The treehouse is silent except for the sound of June's sobs. I feel my eyes tear up as I remember every moment I spent with Jack. The memory that keeps replaying on end is how me and Jack first met.

It was near the end of the school year when my 1st period teacher announced that we had a new student which was odd. A new student? This late in the year? I closed my book as I looked up at the front of the room.

A boy with black hair and blue eyes stood at the front of the room

"H-Hi," The boy had said, "My name is Jack Sullivan."

Of course none of the other students paid attention to Jack as he introduced himself.

"Now Jack," My teacher said, "You can sit at any empty desk you like."

Jack nodded and walked towards where I was sitting. I looked to my right and saw an empty desk.

'Oh,' I had thought, 'He's going to sit next to me.'

As I had thought, Jack sat down in the desk next to mine.

I decided I might as well make conversation with Jack as I saw this as an opportunity to make a new friend.

"Um, Hi," I whispered to Jack.

Jack looked over at me and whispered, "Um, hey? What's your name?"

"Quint Baker," I replied.

"Well, um, hi Quint," Jack smiled.

"You wanna like, hang out after class?" I asked

"Sure," Jack replied.

Then the memory always ended with seeing the grin on his face after we returned from the dreamscape.

Tears dripped down my face. Jack was my best friend. And now I had lost him. I broke down as the memory replayed in my head over and over again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes

Right now I'm currently on a 2 and 1/2 week break from school so I might get a few more chapters published by then. The reason I wrote this fic was because I was reading other TLKOE fanfiction earlier and I was like "You know what, Why don't I make my own?"

After my break from school ends, chapters may come out a bit slower (If I haven't finished the fic already)

Published September 23, 2022