Chapter 8

June's POV:

I look across the table at where Skaelka was sitting. Normally I'd talk to Skaelka whenever I didn't know what to do. But this time, no matter what she tried, she just couldn't cheer me up. And something other than sadness was something I desperately wanted.

Ever since that night, I had been destroyed. No sign of happiness. Empty.

And it was all because of Rezzoch. They had taken Jack away from us. They had destroyed me.

Tears pricked my eyes at the thought of Jack.

"Human. Are you alright?" Skaelka asked from across the table

"Yea, just upset about something," I replied

"Do you need me to decapitate something for you?" Skaelka asked.

"No. No. I don't need any decapitation thank you very much," I said.

"You sure?" Skaelka asks.

"I'm sure," I reply.

Suddenly Quint runs into Joes. He rushes to us, gasping for air.

"What's the matter Quint?" I ask.

"I-its...." Quint trailed off. Almost if he didn't want to say what he saw.

"Quint," I say, "What did you see?"

"I-I saw J-Jack," Quint stuttered.

My blood ran cold

"Jack?" I replied, shakiness in my voice.

Quint nodded.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"I s-saw him in one of t-the alleyways near the t-treehouse," Quint said.

"Where's Dirk?" I asked.

"I don't know," Quint replied.

I scan the area for Dirk and spot him in the corner of the room.

"Found him," I say, pointing my finger in the direction Dirk was sitting.

Quint rushes over to Dirk and I follow him.

"What do you Dorks want?" Dirk asks.

"It's Jack," I say, nearly choking on my words.

"What about him?" Dirk asks with concern.

"I- I saw him in the alleyway near the treehouse," Quint, said shakily

Dirk's eyes widened. "What?"

I nodded.

"What do we do?" Dirk asks, "Like, do we go confront him or something...?"

"I don't know," I replied.

"I think we might have to,"

I really didn't want to go confront Jack, or Rezzoch. The thought sent chills down my spine.

"Do we really have to?" I asked.

"Most likely, friend," Quint said.

I followed Quint and Dirk as we exited Joe's Pizza.

I didn't even notice my hands shaking the further we walked. We walked to the center of town square and I saw him. Jack. The person I thought I'd never see again.

He stared blankly back at us. I look over at Quint and Dirk. Quint is trembling and Dirk is trying to keep a straight face.

After what seemed like hours, Rezzoch finally spoke up.

"Hello, humans," They hissed.

"Rezzoch," Quint said.

I stared at Jack and he stared at me, a grin on his face. It was unsettling. I hated to see Jack like this. He never wanted this.

If it was even possible, I hated Rezzoch even more after the event.

"I've noticed that you humans seem bothered," Rezzoch said smugly.

"Why do you think?" I said as my eyes narrowed at them.

"I don't know you tell me," Rezzoch replied'

Rezzoch was really pissing me off now. "You know exactly why," I said.

Rezzoch glared at me and I returned a glare back. I wondered how long this would go on for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello I'm so sorry this took so long to come out. I got stuck at a lot of parts in this chapter and just took a break from writing for a week or 2. The ending of the chapters kinda crap because I wanted to get this out as soon as possible. Also I might change my updating schedule, again, to once a month because my lifes a mess right now and it just seems like a healthier goal than once a week. See you in the next chapter for whenever I decide to make chapter 9.