Chapter 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes

Idk why y'all are still reading this. I appreciate it anyway. I want to add a scene

where Quint or June encounter Jack and I'll tried to make it in this chapter but

it looks kinda bad so far ;-;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quint POV:

After we returned from our supply run, I went into my room to work check my daily tasks. Hopefully it would get the events of last night off my mind. I decided on the easiest looking task: Check Zombie-B-Gone torches.

I sighed as I climbed down the ladder of the treehouse. I decided to take Rover with me so I could travel faster. I climbed onto Rovers saddle and went to the torch in the lighthouse. As I rode, I couldn't help but think of Jack.

It seemed no matter what I did, I couldn't get my mind off him. The smirk on his face when we returned from the dreamscape. I just hoped when I got to the torch I could finally get my mind off him. I sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rezzoch POV:

Perched on a tree , I gaze out at the ocean. It seemed beautiful. I never took a close look at Earth and its landscape. After all, it was nothing more than another dimension to conquer. I heard the sound of something approaching. I hid behind a tree branch and looked out to see what it was.

I saw Rover come into view with Quint riding him.

I smirked.

From where I was perched, I could see Quint's eyes were bloodshot. Probably from crying. I smiled at the thought that I had caused that pain for Quint. He looked up at the Zombie-B-Gone torch in the lighthouse.

Was he checking the torches? Today was pretty boring so far so I decided to cause a little chaos. The closest torch from here was the one at the pool. I could go and destroy the one there or mess with Quint a bit. I wanted to see Jack and his friends suffer. It was entertaining for me.

After Quint had entered the lighthouse, I hopped down from the tree and silently walked toward the lighthouse. I had decided to make sure that Quint had a hard time doing his daily tasks.

I heard an alarmed bark from behind me. I turned around to see Rover staring at me. Damnit.

Rover snarled at me.

I gave him a cold stare as if that would do anything. Rover continued snarling and barking at me and I did nothing to stop him. I could care less. If it attracted Quint's attention, I didn't care. In fact, I'd love to see the look on his face when he saw me.

I smiled at the thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quint POV:

As I reached the top of the lighthouse, I heard Rover bark at something. I was tempted to see what had caused him to bark, but I assumed it was probably a small animal or monster.

As I finished checking the torch, I heard Rover's barks turn into snarls. I guessed I could see what Rover was barking at as I got to the bottom of the lighthouse. But what I saw made my heart stop cold in my chest. Someone that I thought I'd never see again

Jack.

I stood, frozen in place. He didn't seem to be doing anything. Just staring at Rover, his arms folded.

Rover must've spotted me and barked to get my attention. I tried to get Rover to stop but he kept barking at me. Jack turned around and stared at me. His pitch black eyes seemed to stare directly into my soul, seeing every mistake, every flaw in me.

"Quint," He said

His voice sent chills down my spine. It was a mix of Rezzoch's and Jack's voice. It made me want to vomit.

"Rezzoch," I replied, with obvious fear in my voice.

"Good to see you again Quint," Rezzoch hissed.

I couldn't respond to that. I couldn't keep talking to Rezzoch. It was just... unsettling to see my best friend staring at me like that. His voice a mix of another being's. It made me sick.

Rezzoch continued to stare at me which only made me feel more sick. It was awkward silence for about 5 minutes until Rezzoch spoke up

"Something seems to be bothering you, Quint," Rezzoch taunted.

Still, I didn't speak. Only look down at the floor. I didn't want to be here. I wish I wasn't alone at least. I had Rover, yea. But he couldn't speak for me. I wanted to be back at the treehouse. That night had already destroyed me enough. I didn't need this. I didn't need anything more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't know how this chapter would play out. I'm writing this a 4:30 AM and I'm really tired but I have a goal set to get out a least one chapter a day. Is that too much? Maybe one chapter every few days? I don't know. I'll figure it out eventually.