Chapter 2

Notes

So I'm really tired right now but I'm determined to at least get two chapters done today so here's a chapter 2 :)

(See end of chapter for more notes)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack POV:

I wake up, or at least I think that's what just happened. I'm staring at the street and walking. But it's not me that's walking. I catch a glimpse of what seems to be my arm. It's glowing blue. Then realization hits me. All the memories crash into me like a tidal wave.

The dreamscape, the horrible pain, Rezzoch.

"So you're awake," I hear Rezzoch's voice say.

I didn't reply.

"Don't ignore me," Rezzoch hisses, "I know you're awake, I can hear you thoughts."

"Ok fine," I say, annoyed, "Yes I'm awake, sort of."

"Hmm," Rezzoch grumbles, "I've never had to deal with a rather annoying host."

"Well to bad," I say, "I'm going to annoy you for as long as I'm awake, or whatever state I'm in."

"I think the word you're looking for is conscious," Rezzoch corrects me.

I groan. I already hated having to talk to Rezzoch.

"Be careful of what you think boy," Rezzoch says, "I can hear all of it."

This is going to be a long ride isn't it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dirk POV:

I walk into the kitchen. Or at least what we call a kitchen. It's just a mini fridge, some snacks scattered over the counter, and a microwave we stole from an abandoned house a couple weeks ago.

I grab a bag of chips and slump down on the couch. Quint comes into the room, his eyes bloodshot from crying.

"Woah dude," I say, "Looks like you didn't sleep well,"

"How am I supposed to sleep well when I'm constantly thinking of the friend I just lost?" Quint says rather annoyed.

I missed Jack. Yea. But I didn't cry when he got possessed. He was a cool dude. I just didn't cry for some reason. I felt like I should and I felt bad that I didn't.

I looked around the treehouse. It felt empty without Jack. Like something was missing. Which there was. It was missing Jack. The person that brought us all here. Without Jack, I never would've been able to build a friendship with Quint and June.

"Look dude," I say, trying to comfort Quint, "I know you miss him. I do too. We'll get him back. I don't know when but I'm sure we will."

"How!?" Quint screams, "He was possessed! How do you get someone back from being possessed!? We had a chance to save him and we failed! I failed him."

I looked at Quint.

"I don't know," I mumbled.

I really wasn't sure if we even had a chance to get Jack back. He was probably long gone by now. I just hoped there was a way we could save him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rezzoch POV:

Having Jack in the back of, would it be my head or his? I don't know. Our head? Anyway, having Jack in the back of my head was driving me insane. Hearing all his thoughts. I never really had this problem with any other host.