Chapter 7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I forgot to mention this but I will be referring to Rezzoch as a they/them because the Rezzoch in the books is male while the one in the show is female. Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quint POV:

I rush into the town square thinking I had lost Rezzoch. Panting, I turned around. I froze. No. He couldn't- Not here. My first instinct was to run. So I ran to the treehouse. After I had climbed the ladder, I looked out at where Jack was standing. He just leaned against a wall, grinning at me.

He didn't move after what seemed to be about 5 minutes. He was just standing there, taunting me. I thought that maybe if I stopped looking at him he'd leave. So I ducked into the treehouse.

Why wouldn't Rezzoch just leave us alone?

I didn't understand. What did they want from us?

I sat there lost in my thoughts for what seemed like hours. I just decided to not leave the treehouse until I was sure they was gone. Hopefully their intentions were just to taunt me and not to hurt anyone or destroy anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rezzoch POV:

I smile from the alleyway, watching Quint stare at me. He runs into the treehouse and doesn't come back out for a few minutes. I don't move though. Soon 5 minutes turns to 10. I tap my foot impatiently, glaring up at the treehouse.

I wanted something interesting to happen. Should I go up into the treehouse to see what Quint was doing or should I leave and try again tomorrow? I was leaning towards the first choice because that meant I get to see Quint suffer more.

I smiled at that and took a step outside off the alleyway I was watching Quint from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi again. A bit of a short chapter. I am so sorry it took so long to come out. My Fall Break just ended so I have a lot of school work to do and I have been losing motivation and running out of ideas. My sleep schedule is also messed up. To the point where some nights I don't get any sleep at all. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you in the next one <3