First Day On The Job, Please Be Patient!

A/n: Welcome back. Here for another chapter, right? One with action and a proper tone? Well, look no further. Here's what we've been waiting for.

Y/n: Today's the day.

Waking up, he slides over and grabs his phone. Today's the first day of school.

Y/n: They're going to be so surprised when they see me! They're going to question how I got a Yuigaoka uniform. Ah, that might lead to some problems. I'll have to explain quickly before they get any strange ideas.

He stretches before getting dressed. Checking himself in the mirror, he adjusts his tie.

Y/n: Ugh... Why'd it have to be a tie? These things feel too restraining. Like it's going to choke me if I make the wrong move.

Seeing himself in the mirror wearing the uniform of the school his mother worked hard to improve fills Y/n with determination. He smiles before grabbing his bag and exiting his room.

M/n: "Good morning."

F/n: "Ready to take your first step into high school?"

Y/n: "Yup, I've been counting the days."

F/n: "Bet you're excited to see your friends again."

Y/n: "Yeah, but I'm also sad I won't be able to see a few of them." More than half of my friends were boys. Oh well, I was prepared for this.

He sits down and has breakfast with his family before leaving for school.

Y/n: I wonder who I'll find first. Kanon? Chisato? Ren? That's the best thing about surprises, you don't know until you see for yourself.

He hums the opening tune of Shoujo Rei as he walks down the street. Summer would soon be upon them. Summer is Y/n's favorite season. He enjoys upbeat cheerful melodies. Followed by winter, fall, then spring. He disliked spring since that's when all the bugs began showing up. That's part of the reason he likes winter. All the bugs are tired and asleep.

Y/n: I wonder what the music program's uniform looks like.

Walking past other students, he notices two types of uniforms. Those with white vests and those with blue vests. The white vests have buttons while the blue ones don't button.

Y/n: The blue ones are probably general studies. That'd make the white vests the ones a part of the music program.

As he approaches the main street shops full are tasty snacks tempt him. Around him, students and adults alike enjoy their morning. A man starts playing the drums, a woman takes photos of her model, and a taiyaki saleswoman sets aside a fresh batch. Everyone is busy in a good way. On his way, he sees a billboard advertising school idols. A girl in their uniform seems to enjoy the ad. She excitedly talks in a language Y/n is unfamiliar with. Minding his own business, he continues his walk to school. That is until he sees a familiar cat. It's red collar and golden bell meaning a certain someone is nearby. He peeks around a corner and finds what he was looking for.

Kanon: "When you're feeling a little under the weather~ Just stand up straight, and let your voice out~ Ururu~ This song will always be by your side~ Shining down on you~ And I'll grab hold of your hand~"

Kanon had danced her way through and entered a crowded area. She quickly takes off her headphones and joins the main street.

Y/n: I guess this is where I surprise her.

He follows behind before covering Kanon's eyes.

Y/n: "Guess who?"

Kanon: "WHa-?!" Wait, there's no way!