We Still Have A Chance!

A/n: Welcome back! I've completed my mission, and now I'm back to my regular release schedule. Not that I'm any more consistent, though... Either way, let's pick up directly where we left off.

Y/n: A good story? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Suzumi: "There's a school idol festival happening not too long from now. I think it'd be a great event to cover, Y/n-san."

Y/n: "Of course!" Good thing. "Something like this is peak journalism." I have a purpose! I have meaning once more!

Suzumi: "I've already arranged for a press pass to be sent to you."

Y/n: "Thank you!"

Suzumi: *She looks over to Keke* "Naturally if you're going to be competing in this event, then I expect the best from our representatives. Third place isn't good enough. Second place is barely an improvement. No. If you want my approval, then you must go for the highest achievement. A first-place ranking would show me that you're capable of representing us correctly."

Kanon: "That's..."

Keke: "We'll do it! We're very serious about our shared dream of becoming school idols! First place? That's it? We won't even have to break a sweat!"

Suzumi: "What fiery energy. Good. With that established, you may leave now. I assume you have some planning to take care of, no?"

Keke: "Hai!"

With the situation cleared, the trio prepares to make their leave.

Suzumi: "Ah, Y/n-san. If I can have a moment of your time."

Y/n: "Of course." *He turns to Keke* "You guys go on without me. You're the idols, after all. There isn't anything you need to plan with a reporter."

Kanon: "We'll go tell Chii-chan about the situation."

She leaves with Keke.

Y/n: "Is something the matter, headmistress?"

Suzumi: "No, no problems here. Rather, I'd ask that of you. You haven't reported a single new member yet."

Y/n: "A-Ah... That is correct. I'm not quite sure what the problem is myself. Do people not care about journalism anymore? Is it because I'm the only male student here? Perhaps a mix of both."

Suzumi: "You're afraid your female peers don't trust you, correct?"

Y/n: "I think that's part of the problem. I'm just some random guy with an obscure club. They have a right to be skeptical."

Suzumi: "I've heard nothing but positive things from Koakuma-chan and Patchouli-sensei."

Y/n: "I'm glad. But we've gotten to know each other through circumstance. For someone to join on their own free will, that's something different."

Suzumi: "I know there has to be a like-minded person in the general studies program."

Y/n: "Reporting comes from the heart. It's not an effortless craft. Anyone can make up a story. Whether it's good or bad doesn't matter. But gathering all the details and piecing together what truthfully went on isn't easy. Putting aside your bias for the sake of the truth will never be easy. Some people take the painless way out and craft their own narrative. They muddle the facts for the sake of convenience. Anyone can do that. Anyone can see a situation and come to a conclusion. But only a true journalist will see the same situation and end up with the truth."

Suzumi: "I'm certain you will find someone like-minded. Even if the odds are one in a million, I know you'll find them. Our school is home to many who refuse to accept average. This school is home to those who are always willing to put in the extra effort. Looking for those who share a similar passion to your own, I assure you, will be a walk in the park."