[One] >< Greenies Unite!

[Loading Complete! Welcome, <Midoriya Izuku>, to the <Chat System>!]

"Huh...?" Izuku blinked, reading the words on the new rectangular box, but not really comprehending them. This one was somewhat translucent, allowing him to easily read the words without even thinking about it. As if some part of him knew them even before they appeared.

Had his momentary joy been for nothing? Had hope been dangled before his very eyes, just to be stolen from him? Was he going to be stuck with a different box obscuring his vision? Izuku didn't know if he could take a morale blow like this...

The screen faded away, allowing the tree behind it to come back into focus, and Izuku let out a tense breath. The teacher put a hand on his shoulder, making him jolt."Midoriya-Kun," the teacher said, prompting Izuku to look at him dead on for the first time ever. "Is something wrong? Do you need a hall pass to see the nurse?"

"I... I can see!" Izuku fumbled with his words, eyes as wide as saucers.

"You can..." the teacher paused, remembering the note in Izuku's file. "Oh..." he checked his watch. "You go out to the courtyard for the rest of the day. I'll mark you as present regardless."

Izuku quickly stood and smiled brightly, almost blinding everyone that saw. "Thank you!" He exclaimed, promptly running out of the room. The teacher was left stunned, but he quickly shook it off and continued the lecture. Katsuki glanced after Izuku, eyes narrowing.

Meanwhile, Izuku ran down the stairs and out the school's front door, going immediately to the left where a small patch of greenery jutted from the trampled dirt ground. He climbed through the bushes, eventually finding himself in a tiny clearing beneath a tree. This was his favorite spot on the school grounds. He discovered it in his first year, when he was running from Kacchan and his friends. Nobody else knew about it, which made it safe.

Not to mention beautiful.

The school had been built around Izuku's little haven, so the interior of that haven was pristine; untouched by human hands. Izuku kept it that way. Looking, but never touching. This was the perfect place for him to revel in the return of his central vision. Everything was so... clear. For the first time in six years, he wasn't looking at something through his peripheral vision. For the first time, he was able to take in the vibrant colors and beautiful geometry of the foliage around him.

He lost himself tracing every line and scratch in the bark of the branches above, only for another ding to resonate his very soul. Another pop-up appeared before the boy's eyes, and this time he was conscious enough to comprehend it.

[Welcome to the <Chat System>, one of the legendary systems created to cultivate powerful warriors to fight off the <Null>. To begin, open the [Menu] by speaking or thinking the word with the same intent you would use to open a door.]

"What the heck..." Izuku muttered, reading the text again and again until the box faded from his vision. Had his hallucinations simply grown more complex?

[Answer: No, this is not a hallucination, nor do you have a quirk. This is a construct of the gods meant to allow mortals to attain the strength of gods.]

"Strength of the what, now? You're telling me a deity gave me this 'system' thingy?" Izuku asked. A part of him wanted nothing more than for what this thing said to be true. The rest of him doubted the reality of what he saw, as any other normal person would. Again, this could be his schizophrenia giving him false hope after six years of hell.