[Two] >< Loss

"So, he picked up the beam and impales it through the construct's chest, causing it to explode with light and drop the villain onto the bridge!" Izuku exclaimed emphatically, mimicking the actions he described while standing on the table in the center of the room. Most everyone watched and listened expectantly, interested in hearing the tale of how All Might had defeated a villain called Helion above the Golden Gate Bridge during his internship in America.

"Awesome!" Gon and Buttercup said at once, cheering. "You're good at telling stories, Izu," Buttercup said.

"Thank you," Izuku smiled, lighting up the room.

"This All Might guy sounds like Superman," Hal commented. Everyone looked to him expectantly. "Super buff, chivalrous, extremely powerful, kind, and such. Classic most-powerful hero type stuff."

"I have so many questions-"

"A hero fanboy," Hal smirked. "I'll answer your questions through the chat function later. Why don't you tell us what your quirk is?"

"Yeah! I bet it's awesome!" Buttercup pumped her fist.

Izuku froze, the smile dropping from his face. He knew he could get a quirk - several quirks - but the bad memories still clung to his mind like parasites, leeching any good feelings he could associate with the paraphydical abilities. His change in demeanor was noticed by Gon, who looked at him worriedly, but he was unable to ask about it before Izuku put on a smile again - indescribable from his previous one.

"I don't have a quirk," Izuku said. "Nowadays, about 0.008% of people are born without a quirk. I'm the only one in my school, actually. There's a stigma against us, but that won't stop me from becoming a hero! Especially not now that I have this system!"

"That's the spirit, kid," Hal grinned. "You'd make a good lantern. Blue, probably."

"Thank you," Izuku's grin wavered, and tears came to his eyes. Hal panicked, thinking he upset him, but barely had enough time to react before the small boy was hugging his leg. He sighed in relief, realizing they were tears of joy and kneeling to pat the boy on the back. Snivy was fast asleep atop the boy's head, treating his soft hair like a bed.

"Are there any swordsmen in your world?" Zoro asked.

Izuku hummed in thought, then spoke. "Edgeshot uses a sword - a katana, like you. There's also the American hero, Blade. Oh, and a vigilante called Stendhal!"

"How many swords do they wield?" Zoro pressed.

"The first two use one blade, but Stendhal uses two!" Izuku said, glancing at Zoro's three swords. "I've never seen someone use three swords..."

Zoro braced himself to be ridiculed again for using more than two swords.

"That's so cool!" Izuku exclaimed. "Can you grow another arm, or conjure a limb made of energy, or control the third blade telekinetically, or-"

"I hold it in my mouth," Zoro cut him off. "I certainly wish I could grow more arms to hold more swords."

"But how do you...? Nevermind," Kakyoin began, but banished the thought. "We're coming up on three hours, yes?" He looked at Izuku, who nodded. "I'm going to use what time I have left to explore this system." With nothing else to say, he moved away to sit on a far couch.

"We should do the same," Zoro said curtly, tapping Hal on the arm. Gamora was already on the other side of the room, having said nothing before she left. That left Izuku with Gon, Buttercup, and Snivy, who was waking up.

Izuku picked it up and put it in his lap as he sat down, enveloping the Pokémon with his warmth in a comforting way. It chirped and snuggled against his hand. "So, what's your story, little guy?" It protested loudly. "Girl. Sorry."