[Six] >< Kendo Club

Izuku had to practically crawl home after his training session with Toshinori. Every muscle in his body felt like it would explode, and his bones felt like they would snap under the tiniest pressure. But his efforts did not go unrewarded.

[Training!]
+1 Body

He had reached a checkpoint in his physical growth. He didn't get a burst of strength or any boost in stamina. This told him the system only measured, not affecting the stats beyond nullifying the natural human limitations. He could only imagine that he must've been close to reaching a level seven body, because one day of hard training surely didn't get him there on its own. Nevertheless, this progress only spurred Izuku forward, and gave him hope that he could become strong.

Izuku arrived home at about six-thirty, having left at three, and collapsed onto the couch with a sigh of exasperation. He allowed his muscles to rest, staring up at the ceiling with lazy eyes. He only realized he had been staring off into space when Himiko's face appeared above him, her feline grin splitting her face. "Hey Izuku~ why're ya sitting there staring at the ceiling like a dead fish?"

"Pain..."

"Well, you'd better get over it, because you've got to get ready for school!" Himiko giggled. "You stink! Go take a shower while I make breakfast!"

Izuku sighed and got back on his feet, then retrieved his school uniform and stumbled into the bathroom. About twenty minutes later, he came back out into the living room-slash-kitchen to see Himiko and Inko sitting at the table eating breakfast, with a third plate set aside for him.

He sat down and downed the food in an instant, happy to fill his stomach after such a difficult experience. Himiko and Inko stared at him with wide eyes, neither of them having seen someone eat to fast. Let alone someone with Izuku's timid personality.

"So, uh... how are you feeling about school, honey?" Inko asked, refilling his plate.

Izuku paused and looked down. He didn't know how to feel. He had a quirk, now, so there was a chance he'd be accepted among his peers - and that the teachers would stop fudging his grades - but it wouldn't feel the same without Katsuki. Sure, he was an exploitive asshole, but... Izuku believed he could help him. If Izuku was to be a hero, he needed to learn how to help everyone, including those who didn't like him. Especially those who didn't like him.

'I'll get you back, Kacchan...' Izuku looked down at his lap with determination. "I feel... good. Maybe I'll finally get a friend..."

"I'm your friend, Izu~" Himiko hopped up and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Once we get me signed up for your school, we'll be able to spend all day together~"

Izuku smiled innocently. "Thanks, Himiko-chan." She was right; he wasn't alone anymore. He had her, his mother, Snivy, and everyone else in the [Greenies Unite!] room. Six years, he had been alone. Sixty percent of his life. No more! His smile widened, blinding both of his breakfast companions as he stood. "I should get going. Thank you both for the encouragement!"

"Of course, honey," Inko smiled warmly. "I'll always support you, no matter what."

Izuku gave a close-eyes smile in return and left for the front door, picking up his school bag as he went. "I might be home a bit late; I'll update you as it happens."

"Take care, son," Inko called after him.

"Bye, Izu~" Himiko added.