Chapter 41- Hurdles

Asia fought through all day nausea, debilitating headaches, cravings, aversions, and mood swings to make it to her three month mark with the twins. It was coming down to the last few weeks of wedding planning before her and Nick's big day, and the stress of making the last bit of decisions was starting to wear her down. She was looking forward to taking some time off from work to enjoy being married and focus on preparing her body for birthing the babies.
"Good morning babe. I'm heading to the gym to workout with Deja." Asia said to Nick on a Saturday morning.
"Aight babygirl. Aye, take it easy up in there doe, I know how you like to be doin' too much." He chuckled.
"I will." She giggled. "Oh, I forgot to tell you, now that I'm 3 months, Dr. Roberson cleared us to work with a doula! I found one that specializes in natural twin births, her name is Jasmine. We meet her a week after the wedding!" Asia said excitedly.
"Aye, that's dope baby, but you sure that's the route you tryna take? No medicine or none of dat shit?" Nick frowned.
"Yes, Nick I'm sure. I believe in myself and I trust my body enough to have the water birth." Asia reassured him.
"Aight den, you know I support whatever you wanna do. I got you, I'm here for you." He promised.
"I know babe, I love you. See you later!" Asia said as she strolled off towards the garage, grabbing the keys to her old Ford Bronco on the way out. Nick quickly ran after her. He peeked out from the garage door and yelled," Aye! I know you not 'bout to take Benny to that gym?" He questioned her in disbelief. "I'on even wanna know how low the safety rating is on dat old ass truck. Get ya lil hardheaded ass up in dat G-Wagon!" He demanded in his deep raspy voice. Asia rolled her eyes playfully towards her overprotective fiancé. "Sir, yes Sir!" She answered sarcastically, giving Nick a military salute on the way out.

The girls stretched, jogged on the treadmill, did some work with a weighted rope and finished off their workout with planks and lunges.
"Whew! Oh my God, I feel like I'm going to be sick, ugh." Deja said smacking her lips together and making a yuck face.
"What? Not you, you usually run circles around me girl." Asia said as she struggled to catch her breath.
"I think I'm just hungry. You wanna grab some snacks?" Deja asked with a devious smile.
"Sure! I'm all for destroying all the work we just did on sugar and carbs." Asia laughed. The girl's made a pit stop at the QT up the street from the gym where they racked up on chips, chocolate, and soda. The girls sat in Asia's new Mercedes truck listening to music while they devoured the junk food. Deja was in mid gulp, drinking a Dr. Pepper when she randomly burst into tears.
"Oh my goodness, Deja what it is? What's the matter?" Asia asked, bewildered by her friend's sudden outburst.
"Asia, I gotta tell you something..." Deja said with a pained look on her face.
"Dej, you're scaring me. What's wrong?"      
"Girl, I'm pregnant. I took a positive test last week and I haven't told anyone. I'm scared shitless! I don't think I'm gonna keep it." Deja cried while her shaky hands clutched a half eaten snickers bar. Asia was speechless for a few minutes.
"Well, say something God damn it!" Deja demanded. Asia reached out and hugged her friend, rubbing her back softly to calm her tears.
"Dej, it will be ok. Qua doesn't know?"
"Hell no, I didn't tell him. Girl, I'm not trying to be just another rapper's baby mama, that's washed...." Deja cut herself off by throwing her head into her hands and bawling her eyes out. Asia took a deep sigh and continued to rub Deja's back for comfort.
"Dej, you have to tell Qua. He has the right to know what's going on. Plus, you never know, he might be really open to having the baby with you. I can tell he really cares about you. Give him a chance." Asia begged.
"Yeah, I mean, you might be right girl. But, what if he gets mad at me?" She continued to sob.
"Dej, we're talking about Quavious here. He's a goofball, not a gremlin." Asia joked. Deja laughed at her friend's humor over the serious situation and was able to tame her hysterics.
"Dej...I have a confession of my own. I'm pregnant...again!" Asia revealed.
"What! Oh my fucking God! Really? How far along?" Deja squealed excitedly in the midst of her own personal breakdown.
"I'm 12 weeks along." Asia smiled.
"Bitch, what? And you didn't tell me!"
"Dej, I had to make sure everything was ok with the babies first."
"Babies?! Wait...Booski, you're having twins?!" Deja screamed as the look of pure elation came over her face.
"Yes..." Asia smiled.
"Look at God!" Deja praised. "I couldn't imagine anyone who deserves this more than you!" She exclaimed.
"Thanks Dej, I love you."
"I love you too, just don't go keeping no more secrets from me." She laughed through her tears. The two best friends hugged again as they embraced each other's new found maternal bond.