Principal From Another Planet

"Hey, Adam. You're just in time. I'm having a viewing party for tonight's big lunar eclipse." Chase says running over to Adam as he walks into the living room.

"Yep, all dude's, no girls. Definitely a Chase party." Adam says.

"It's gonna be awesome. I even prepared an out-of-this-world feast. These are freeze-dried food pellets just like the ones astronauts eat." Chase says, pointing to the food pellets that were on the tray he was holding. "Each cube contains an entire meal. This is turkey, peas, and mashed potatoes."

"Wow, congrats, Chase. You actually found a way to ruin food." Adam says, holding one of the pellets.

"No, I made it better," Chase says.

"Oh, really?" Adam says. "Food fight!" He throws the food pellet at Chase. "See, that's just lame." I walk into the living room.

"Hey, guys," I say. I see the tray of food pellets Chase was holding and pick one up. "Ohh, what's this?" When I take a bite, I make a disgusted face and spit it out. "Seriously, Chase? I know you're boring and all, but couldn't you just have ordered pizza or something?" Adam gives me a high five while Chase just gives me a look.

"Come on, guys. You're gonna miss the lunar eclipse." Mr. Davenport says. "I haven't been this excited since the meteor shower of '98." Chase runs outside.

"I think 98's the last time I actually took a shower," Adam says. Mr. Davenport, Adam, and I walk outside.

"I cannot wait to see this," Chase says, walking up to the telescope.

"You're gonna have to." Mr. Davenport says, pushing Chase out of the way. He looks through the telescope. "It's beautiful."

"I wanna see. My turn." I say, moving Mr. Davenport out of the way so I could look through the telescope. "Cool!"

"Let me see, let me see," Chase says, moving me out of the way. Before he could look through the telescope, Adam pushed him out of the way.

"My turn," Adam says. He looks through the telescope. "Wow! Cool! What am I lookin' at?"

"Adam, a lunar eclipse is a rare and breathtaking event. The moon is passing directly behind the Earth blocking the light that normally illuminates it." Mr. Davenport explains.

"Wow! Nothing more exciting than a slow-moving shadow," Adam says.

"Watching a lunar eclipse takes time and patience. We're gonna be here all night." Mr. Davenport says.

"Oh, great, so it's like a sleepover, minus the fun," Adam says.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" Bree says, walking outside.

"Lookin' at the lunar eclipse," Chase says.

"Oh, cool! Let me see." Bree says. She shoves Chase out of the way and looks through the telescope.

"Oh, come on!" Chase yells.

"Now that's worth watching," Adam says, making me laugh.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Leo Dooley's video log of the lunar eclipse. I'm recording tonight's events as they happen and in real time, no editing, no fillers, and no special effects. That's right, folks. He's as old as he appears." Leo says into the camera and points it at Mr. Davenport while he looks through the telescope outside.

"Hey, what are you filming?" I ask Leo as I sit on the couch with Adam, Bree, and Chase.

"The bizarre events that happen during lunar eclipses. Lakes go dry, rivers turn red." Leo says.