Rise of the Secret Soliders Part 2

"Hey, Stefan? Are you sure this is the way to the ice cream shop? I'm not familiar with this road." I say as I sit in the passenger seat of Stefan's car.

"Don't worry, I know where I'm going. I'm just taking a little shortcut." Stefan says.

"You said that about an hour ago. Face it, Stefan, we're lost." I say.

"Relax, Cass. We're not lost. Just trust me, okay." Stefan says.

"Look, I know you haven't been in Mission Creek for that long but it doesn't take this long to drive from my house to the ice cream shop," I say. "I can geo-leap us there if you want."

"No, no. It's fine. I actually changed my mind about the ice cream shop. I heard there was this new amusement park that opened up and I thought we should check it out." Stefan says.

"Amusement park? What amusement park?" I ask.

"It's this new water park they just opened up. It's called Harry's Splish Splash Water Park." Stefan says.

"It's the middle of January. It's too cold to go to a water park." I say.

"Okay, so there's no water park. How about we just drive for a little bit? You know we can just talk and I can help you forget about what's going on." Stefan says.

"Forget about what?" I ask.

"Nothing, nothing," Stefan says.

"Stefan, something weird is going on. I don't feel right about this." I say.

"Cass, nothing weird is going on. Everything is going to be fine." Stefan says.

"I should get back to the others," I say. "Turn the car around."

"Do you really want to do that?" Stefan asks.

"Yes, they're my family. I need to go back." I say.

"With everything going on, are you sure you want to go back? The whole world hates you and your family is falling apart because of it. Why would you want to be in the middle of all of that?"

"Because they're my family and I need to be there for them no matter what. I don't care about what's going on. Adam, Bree, Chase, and I have to find a way to make people like us and trust us again." I say. "Now take me back, please."

"Okay. Whatever you say." Stefan says. Just as he said that the car starts making a weird noise and then suddenly, it stops.

"What's going on?" I ask nervously.

"I don't know. I think the battery just died." Stefan says.

"Oh, great. Perfect." I say.

"Don't worry. Let me just check what the problem is." Stefan says. He gets out of the car and opens the hood.

"Do you see anything?" I ask.

"Yep. It's definitely the car battery. It's leaking fluid." Stefan says as he walks back and gets inside the car.

"Well, should we call somebody?" I ask.

"I could. Or you could keep quiet and surrender yourself to Krane." Stefan says.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"I've been keeping a secret from you, Cass. I work with Krane and have been keeping tabs on you and your siblings ever since we started hanging out." Stefan says.

"No, this can't be true," I say.

"Oh, but it is. You actually discovered my little secret in the lab earlier but I erased your memory and convinced you to come with me so I can hand you over to Krane." Stefan says.