Four Minus Bree

At school, Adam, Chase, Leo, and I were sitting on the bench talking when Bree walked up to us with a brochure in her hand. "Hey, did you guys know we had a study abroad program?" She asked us.

"Why would I go to another country to do something I don't do here?" Adam says.

"Yeah, Bree, studying is boring," I say.

"You know, sometimes I wonder how you and I are even twins," Chase says. I just looked at him and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Look, it says you get to spend a whole semester at a high school in Australia. And guess what? I applied!" Bree says.

"Cool! Kelly Porter went last year. She got suckered punched by a kangaroo." Leo says.

"Well, all right. I guess we're going to Australia." Adam says.

"Uh, no, no, no. No way, this is my thing." Bree says. "I mean, I can finally be on my own, I can study, travel, make new friends."

"I hate to be a wet blanket..." Chase began to say.

"No, you don't," I say, making Chase give me a look.

"But Mr. Davenport is never gonna let you do this. You can't go on missions if you're halfway across the world." Chase says.

"Well, sure I can. I mean, I haven't figured out all the details yet, but there's gotta be a way to make it work." Bree says.

"Not unless these three can unlock a new ability to make up for you not being here," Leo says.

"Ooh! Maybe I can unlock an ability where I disappear and reappear somewhere else." Adam says. "Let me try." Adam closes his eyes and starts grunting. When he stops, he opens his eyes and sees that we were all giving him strange looks. "Did it work?"

"You didn't do it long enough. Try it again this time, more grunting." Chase says. Adam closes his eyes and starts grunting again. Bree, Chase, Leo, and I walk around to the other side of Adam, making it look like he geo-leaped in front of us. When Adam opens his eyes, he turns to us.

"You did it!" I say as we started cheering for him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At the house, Adam, Bree, and I were sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn while Chase was sitting at Mr. Davenport's desk tuning his guitar. "Bree, is there something you wanna tell me?" Mr. Davenport says as he walks into the living room.

"I got this," Adam says, standing up. "Look, we all like you, but we think Tasha could've done better." He walks over to the kitchen.

"I just got a phone call that said you'd been accepted to study in Australia." Mr. Davenport says to Bree. Bree looks at me before standing up.

"What? That's crazy! Did they mention what day I'm leaving?" Bree says.

"You're not going." Mr. Davenport says.

"Why?" Bree asks.

"Come on, Bree, it was obvious. Even I saw that one coming and I didn't even have a vision." I say, walking over to the kitchen and grabbing a drink from the fridge.

"You can't abandon the team." Mr. Davenport says. "What if Adam, Chase, and Cassie picked up and left for a month?"

"Well, then I wouldn't have to go to Australia," Bree says.

"Hey, that was hurtful," I say as a hurt look crossed my face.

"I wouldn't just be leaving you guys. I can super speed back anytime you need me." Bree says.