Taken

In the lab, Adam, Bree, Chase, and I were looking at a motorcycle that was sitting in the middle of the room. Mr. Davenport walks into the lab wearing a motorcycle outfit. "So, what do you think?" Mr. Davenport asks us.

"I think you're begging for a gang of bikers to do rotten things to you," Chase says.

"Are those my pants?" Bree says.

"Not anymore." Mr. Davenport says. "I call it a Daven-Cycle. She's got auto-pilot, laser-guided weapon systems, and a tiny little flower vase, to brighten your day." He takes out a flower and puts it on the motorcycle.

"Whoa, cool. Throw in a tiny basket for Chase to ride in and we're good to go." Adam says. Suddenly, Douglas appears on one of the screens in the lab.

"Hello? Anybody home?" Douglas says. I just rolled my eyes and groaned when I saw Douglas.

"He hacked you again? Would it kill you to spend $40 on some security software?" Leo asks Mr. Davenport.

"Love the new lab, Donny. Ooh, tunnels!" Douglas says. "Industrial, yet classy."

"Take a hint, ex-brother. There's a reason why none of us accepted your buddy requests." Mr. Davenport says.

"Oh, I accepted it," Adam says. We all just looked at him with wide eyes. "What? His updates are hilarious! Looking forward to a weekend of evil, winky-face."

"Listen, I don't have a lot of time, Krane'll be back soon," Douglas says. "He went out to get his head waxed."

"Fascinating. You know what? It might sound like I'm hanging up." Mr. Davenport says, reaching for the console.

"Wait! Wait, wait, wait! This isn't another trick!" Douglas says. "You're in danger! Krane has completely lost it!"

"Oh, wow! So, the guy who keeps implanting himself with bionics is unstable? Who could have seen that coming?" I say sarcastically.

"I'm serious! Krane is using my technology to give himself new abilities I didn't even know were possible." Douglas says. "He's a ticking time bomb. And he sees you four as a threat!"

"Hey! What about me?!" Leo asks. "I'm dangerous!"

"Yeah, there's always a chance you might faint on somebody," Douglas says.

"Look, Adam, Bree, Chase, Cassie...and Leo, can handle anything." Mr. Davenport says. "And after all you've done to this family, why should we trust you?"

"Well, I...give me a minute," Douglas says.

"Take all the time you want." Mr. Davenport says.

"Oh, thanks, I..." Mr. Davenport was about to hang up but Douglas stopped him. "Wait! There's something else I should mention before I go and it involves Cassie."

"Me?" I say as everyone looks at me.

"Remember when Krane and I used the Triton App on Adam, Bree, and Chase but it didn't affect you?" Douglas says. I nodded my head.

"Well, Krane was upset that he couldn't control you like he could control them, and because you could fight off the Triton App's control, he wants you...bad!" Douglas says.

"Wait...are you saying Krane wants me dead?" I ask Douglas, a look of worry crossing my face.

"No, not dead. He wants to turn you into a bionic soldier. He thinks with your abilities you would be a great asset in helping him take over the world." Douglas says.

"Yeah, right!" I say with a scoff.

"Like that's going to happen," Bree says.

"Yeah," Adam says.