𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

▎DEATHS FINGERTIPS  ▎
»»———— act one. the ground
CHAPTER TWO ━━ thunder and rain

— HE WAS A WARRIOR WITH A FIGHTERS MIND AND SHE WAS A BATTLE HE LOST EVERY TIME   »»———

LOST EVERY TIME   »»———

Shumway cleared his throat as he walked towards kane. "Excuse me, sir. You asked to be notified if there was news. The Chancellor is still in surgery, but we have I.D.ed the shooter. Bellamy Blake one out of two people on The Ark unaccounted for." He showed Kane the screen of the man.

"Out of two?" Kane raised a brow.

"I'll get to that part later." Shumway said as Kane nodded his head, pointing to the picture of Bellamy.

"Who is he?" Kane asked as shumway sighed.

"He's no one, a janitor. We're still working up a profile, but his motive for going to Earth is clear." Shumway told him as he clicked the screen, making another person pop up; Octavia Blake.

"Sister. I remember. Her mother kept her hidden for almost sixteen years, nearly a record. What about the other person?" Kane curiously asked.

Shumway nodded his head as he typed something in, kane watching as a picture of a woman appeared. "Audrey bennet, sir. She's no where to be seen. I think that she could of possibly helped blake on the drop ship, maybe even helped him with the chancellors attack."

Kane frowned as he looked down at the screen. "Audrey bennet. I've known the girl since she was a child, she wouldn't do no such thing. Maybe he took her captive." Kane reasoned as shumway sighed. "What is it, Commander Shumway. Spit it out."

"We could start now. As Chancellor pro tempore, you can give the order to start reducing the population." Shumway whispered, looking around at the people around them.

"Not yet." Kane insisted with a shake of his head.

"Sir, we're wasting time. Removing the hundred from the population only buys us another month. Engineering needs more than that to fix those systems, if they can fix them at all." Shumway explained,

"You have my answer, Commander. Enough. If we're gonna kill hundreds of innocent people, we're gonna do it by the book. Is that clear? In the meantime, I want to know who helped this janitor and bennet get on that drop ship because they sure as hell didn't do it by themselves. Seems we have a traitor in our midst, Commander, and the hundred have an assassin in theirs." Kane said quickly as he walked past shumway.

" Kane said quickly as he walked past shumway