The Changed Epic

The Battle of Kalinga went in the favor of the defenders as we outsmarted the opposition with the minimal resources available . Myself , Shrutayudha , the son of Varuna or rather say Kharavela Mishra from the modern scientific era of Kaliyuga has got myself in a series of chaos ever since I landed here . First of all I got married , not once but twice and that too in such quick succession that I couldn't even process what has happened with me . Both my wives are pretty damsels one of whom is the daughter of revered sage Shukracharya, the teacher of the demons . While the other lady is none other than the princess of the land where I was born in my last life .

Sakrayani , the daughter of Guru Shukracharya is a gem of a wife any man would ever have . The way her father had got both of us married had made me believe that probably he was afraid of my potentials . Our marriage took place literally in the planet Venus , really who would have ever thought that it's even possible . Neither of us knew about each other beforehand and this was the charm of our relationship where we were supposed to explore each other . We just had managed to sneak glances of each other after exiting from her father's abode . Forget conversation , we had barely managed to even talk before my second marriage . Which woman could bear watching her husbandexchange vows with another lady ? And this lady was perhaps a goddess as it was she who came to the rescue of Kalinga and its princess , who herself was due to face the cruel destiny if I hadn't intervened .

Bhanumati , the princess of Kalinga was perhaps well pampered as being the only one of the royalty of Kalinga

Bhanumati , the princess of Kalinga was perhaps well pampered as being the only one of the royalty of Kalinga . The pride of being a royal princess is not something that's unusual . But she deserves respect for having the guts to bruise the ego of the alpha males of the era . She absolutely rejected the arrogant royalties on their face and the very cruel man wasn't ready to accept the rejection sportingly . She was subjected to the horrific of the crimes against woman kind by the devil incarnated and almost lost herself but for my intervention . The post traumatic experience hasn't gone done with her yet as she was rejected by the invited suitors this time . And hence the unfortunate girl had no other option except myself . Both of us got married in the worst of the circumstances yet she hasn't grumbled about anything . Perhaps the abduction and attempted molestation episode has left a permanent scar on her soul which may not heal for a long time .

Both my wives though hadn't have the opportunity to spend time with me owing to the tension in the borders , have never let me feel alone

Both my wives though hadn't have the opportunity to spend time with me owing to the tension in the borders , have never let me feel alone . They keep checking on my comforts and necessities even though I have to spend most of my time with the soldiers so as to boost their morale . Both of them keep doing so together too giving the impression that they have accepted each other and trying to overcome their fears . I don't know when I could return back to them to repay their debt as the war makes me alert throughout the night . I can't afford any skirmish ransacking my motherland and must do anything in my power to protect Kalinga and my wives , one of whom was wronged by the invading Kurus as well .

Having got the great Daanveera kill his own friend succumbing to my illusions, I had come up with the plan of trying the same yet again when I saw the immortal son of Drona along with the boon blessed Jaydratha . My estimation were proven correct as the angry brahmin fell into my trap thereby perishing along with the future son in law of Hastinapur . Perhaps , it was my contribution to save another woman wronged by her destiny .

The Battle has brought both fame and happiness to my people here at Kalinga. Perhaps an easy win without any casualties isn't anything but a dream . And here this dream was achieved without much effort as the Prince of Hastinapur and the former king of Anga enjoy their company in the prison of Kalinga . Even Bhanumati was smiling at the celebrations of the victory which was perfectly arranged by her and Sakrayani . Both of them absolutely looked stunning as they danced with the commoners as well .

People making merry is something that cools off wearied minds as I feel the urge to get involved as well . Even I want to get away from the mess so that I can rest for a few days . But the enemies won't let me do so . These celebrations were premature and I knew it very well .Hence , despite looking at the rejoical from a corner , my mind was processing the plans that were needed in the upcoming battle which would be even fiercer than before .