The Inmates of the Dungeon

The roaring seas of the eastern coastline was announcing the emergence of a new superpower in the great political upheaval of the era . The son of the seas had achieved a glory unparalleled and the result of which was the captivity of the stalwarts in the Dungeon deep down inside the waters . Not even the voice of the seas could be audible inside , neither the rays of the Sun found a way through in the dark under water cavern like structure that harboured four illustrious men . One of them was the Preserver of the universe himself while the remaining were the pawns of Kuru politics.

In the pitch dark atmosphere the son of the sun was lying like a log of wood that had no hope to revive . The friend of the Kauravas was wounded beyond repair with the burden of having unintentionally murdered his dearest friend . The whole world seemed fruitless for him now and this guilt had weakened him both physically and mentally . On the contrary was the second son of Gandhari , who had lost all his brother yet was trying to survive the hostile environment . The only way that seemed to help him was the food on offer on which he was munching heartily .

Facing the son of Dhritarastra ,  on the opposite corner was the patriarch of Hastinapur who had a similar mindset as his unknown grandson . Having committed a sin of killing a Brahmin and not being able to protect his kingdom's honour was eating him up . His only hope now rested on the only light of his lineage though he didn't seem worthy of the throne . On the final corner , facing the son of the sun , rested his unknown cousin , the lord of the universe himself . He had his eyes closed with a smile gracing his face as he tried to process the present and the future . The silence was broken by the usual voice that was often heard here only to create a nuisance .

" Can I have some from your plate , Vasudev ? " was the innocent question from the son of Dhritarastra drawing ire of the grandsire .

" You moron !!! Have you come here to attend a feast ? You have already eaten up Karna's plate and a part of mine as well . Yet your hunger seems no end . " chided the grandfather making the already amused Krishna burst into laughter.

" Let him have it Grandsire  as we don't know how long we are going to stay here . At least something keeps him busy even in times of distress . " Karna defended Dushasana .

" Finally a word from you , Angaraja. I thought you would never end your silent vow . " the ever smiling Krishna chirped in .

" There's nothing much to speak Vasudeva after what has transpired. " the gloomy Radheya replied nonchalantly.

" You need to forget what happened in past , son . Even I am going through a similar burden which would probably haunt me forever throughout my life . " Bheeshma tried to console the son of his charioteer.

" Only if we manage to live , grandfather.  This place doesn't seem anything great except for the food . " Dushasana remarked as he put a morsel inside in his mouth .

" Oh !!! You seem to enjoy the food here . How about we leave you behind once we are allowed to return ? " Krishna winked at Dushasana making him horrified at the thought of being left alone in the Dungeon.

" Do you think we will be released very  soon , Vasudeva ? " the patriarch of the Kurus enquired hopefully.

" We are at the mercy of the king of Kalinga right now , Grandsire . It would all depend on his compassion and the  treaty with Hastinapur and Dwarka . However , we might think of sneaking out . What do you say ? " Krishna responded with a glint in his eyes .

" We have been here longer than you , Vasudeva . There's no scope of exit from this hell . " Dushasana snorted at Krishna's proposal .

" Well for that you need some brain , Gandharinandan which definitely seems lacking somewhere . " Krishna remarked making the ever calm Bheeshma amused at the banter .

" You consider yourself to be the only one having it , isn't it Vasudeva ? " an irritated Karna retorted back .

" At least among the ones of my age . " Krishna smirked making Bheesma laugh out this time as Karna fumed .

" What was the joke all about ? " a confused Dushasana kept looking everywhere making Krishna burst out joining the Grandsire as Karna facepalmed in frustration.

" Rest your little brain , young boy . It's not your cup of tea . " Bheeshma advised Dushasana who went back to his food .

" So what's the plan ? " Karna asked directly this time hoping to see the world again .

" Well , if we strive together , we may carry out a remarkable escape out of this place . " Krishna uttered as he met his cousin's eyes .

" And what shall we all have to do ? " Bheeshma was inquisitive about what was going through the mind of the mastermind of Dwarka.

" Just play your parts perfectly as we distract the guards to break free . " Krishna started to unfold his schemes .

" You all are not going without me , right ? " A worried Dushasana crosschecked after having completed his meal .

" It's all or none . We are in if you agree to it , Vasudeva. " Karna tried to look intimidating.

" Why would I ditch you when I am taking your help ? " Krishna rolled his eyes at the suspicious behaviour of his cousin .

" Well your history isn't trustworthy either . " The son of the sun paid back .

" The history has already been rewritten with the recent developments , Angaraja . Not even the goddess of fate would know where we would end up now . " a philosophical Krishna lectured without his audience getting much of his words .

" Krishna has been a constant support for Hastinapur's tryst with Kalinga . We must trust him , Angaraja . And you my boy just don't sleep off when you are needed . " Bheeshma warned a yawning Dushasana who tried to look attentive as the rest of the three discussed the ploy elaborately masked under the roar of the seas .