Chapter 1 | The one with the pedestal

"To my fucking office NOW! Please someone tak- carry Mr. Fletcher to the nurse's and get him patched up."

The student body never imagined in their wildest of dreams a day when they would witness the principal of Hazelwood High curse and that too in the middle of swarmed hallways. They were in awe and blatantly stared at the cocky male who made it happen. Preston Beckett made Princey lose his temper, he was indeed something else. To date, they kept telling him the same for the lack of a more suitable adjective. Not anymore. Now, he was their hero.

Hazelwood High was a recipe for catastrophe waiting to happen if you look deeper than the neatly ironed uniforms, evenly painted walls, clean hallways, and cleaner lockers. Clean lockers? A shocker, right? Well, the school management knew how to keep clean both - the school and its image. Roaming inside the exceptional building, you will find all the necessary ingredients for the earlier mentioned catastrophe - snobby teenagers, unconcerned teachers, a boot-licking principal, and cliques in huddles according to the status they fell under in the social ladder. Preston was one last secret ingredient that was needed to crumble the legacy of Hazelwood High as the most disciplined high school in the state where not a single fight broke out since its foundation. Not anymore.

Hands reached out to pat him on the back for his bravado. Cheers were whispered to him as Princey already looked red in the face. He grinned at the crowd and gave them a mock salute before carrying himself in the direction of the principal office.

The door shut behind him as he made himself comfortable on the visitor's chair. He could feel the heat of a glare at the back of his head. His smirk widened.

The chair in front of him was pulled back and the man they call their principal settled down.

"You seem a bit upset, Princey. Are you alright?"

Will Stone hated that nickname. It was not even a nickname, it was mockery hidden behind the trend of using nicknames for everyone.

"What is wrong with you Mr. Beckett? You did the unthinkable. I had no doubts that you would be the reason this school is going to see something drastic, something that never happened before but tarnishing the school record? That is a whole new level of low. I wonder what your parents' thoughts will be on the matter."

Preston's black eyes darkened as anger clouded his mind.

"Listen here, Princey. You are merely a make-do authority figure and you are here only because of your father, our actual principal. Even he wouldn't dare to do something stupid. Your school is highly dependent on the funds that come from the pockets of my parents, so think twice."

It was the use of that nickname again that made Will snap. He got the position due to his capability and not because he was his father's son. He was way better than his father at handling bratty teenagers like the one sitting in front of him shamelessly. His age was a plus point; 34-year-olds didn't need to be polite all the time.

"Oh, I thought it through. Trust me, I know your parents are philanthropists and their donations are not relevant to you being a part of this school. They are down-to-earth people, I have met them. I am sure they care about their son's academic performance and his behavior. So let's phone them, shall we?"

Preston cursed under his breath and mumbled - "What the fuck do you want from me?!"

"Preferably, to watch your language, to start addressing me properly and two months of community service."

"Hell no!"

"If you want this discussion to happen with your parents present, then so be it. Eventually, you will concede." Will seemed like a villain to Preston at that moment. He wanted nothing more than to crack open his jaw as he did with Fletcher. He must be quiet for a long time as Will spoke again. "Or you do not care if they are disappointed?"

Instant regret hit him as he absorbed Will's words. He should not have let the chants of the crowd get to him. Blame his blood for pumping with adrenaline as the cheers for him grew louder.

"GO PRESTON!" and "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" were the only words reaching him while he plummeted Aaron Fletcher into the ground.

The need to taunt and provoke was high but he curbed it as the disappointed faces of his parents flashed in front of his eyes. He could not do what he usually would.

Not anymore.

Hello guys,As promised I updated a chapter and the next chapter will be up on Sunday

Hello guys,
As promised I updated a chapter and the next chapter will be up on Sunday. Your comments and feedback will be appreciated. Please let me know what you think of this chapter. Before you go ahead, I want to inform you that this is a first draft and I am writing chapters right before I post, so dialogue framing may not be very attractive but storywise I won't disappoint.

Do not forget to vote so that I know who all are enjoying what I wrote.

Love,
Appy🌻

Love,Appy🌻