15. Twisted Understanding

"What in the world are you doing here?"

"I should be the one asking you that! Why are you here?"

Sehyuk's gaze ping-pongs between the two boys standing a meter apart, face to face, their hands folded over their chests in defense.

"I can come here whenever I want."

"Who says I—"

"Stop!" The boy in the wheelchair yells, rubbing his forehead. "I feel like I'm witnessing a scene of exes that are meeting after a messy breakup."

"He's not my type!" The two bark together, earning a grin in return from Sehyuk.

"Look at you synchronizing sentences together, isn't that cute!" He laughs, slapping his thigh.

"Hyuk," Jaemin whines, drawling his name, "stop that." He huffs moving towards him.

"Look, Jae, due to a certain sticky situation, Kihyun is guesting at my place. And Kihyun, Jaemin is a friend of mine, it gives you no right to treat him like that. Don't like him, you're free to leave."

Kihyun turns his head to the side, not giving an answer but agreeing with Sehyuk's terms nonetheless.

"Go and make some ramyeon for us," the blond says, raising a brow in challenge when the older opens his mouth to retaliate. He stomps his feet, muttering a curse, and heads for the kitchen.

"What did I just witness?" Jaemin gawks, eyes wide.

"I can't let him live in my apartment for free and he doesn't have money right now. So, I make him do some work around here," Sehyuk proudly grins with a teasing glint.

Jaemin cackles, throwing his head back and shaking it. "You sure are one hell of a man, Min Sehyuk. I haven't ever seen him bend for anyone."

"What can I say," the boy shrugs. "I'm just too cool for this world."

"Yeah, right." Jaemin rolls his eyes, punching Sehyuk on the arm lightly.

"Hey...Jae, I wanted to ask something," the younger carefully eyes the kitchen first before continuing. "Is...does Kihyun have any eating problems?"

"Huh, what do you mean? Did something happen? He has no problem as far as I know."

Sehyuk doesn't think it's his place to say anything about the other boy so he just waves his hand in the air. It's been three days since they visited Kang Haerin and it's evident Kihyun is not fine. At all. The boy spaces out randomly and eats smaller portions of food.

"Hyuk, can I crash here for a bit?" Jaemin asks, yawning, fingers patting over his opened mouth. "I'll take a nap and go for my part-time."

"Yeah, sure. You can use my bed, that'll be more comfortable."

Jaemin smiles, a fond look directed towards the younger. "Thanks! You're a lifesaver. Have fun with your new bestie," he mocks as he escapes for Sehyuk's bedroom before the boy could answer him.