19. Passively Suicidal

"Hey, Kihyun?"

"Hey, Kihyun?"

"Hmm?"

"How are your new year resolutions faring?"

Kihyun snorts, rolling his eyes. "Five days into the new year and I'm still breathing, aren't I? Is that good enough?"

"You've done such a wonderful favor to the world, bocchan." Sehyuk teases, quirking his lips into a grin.

"Stop calling me that."

"No can do."

The incessant tapping of PlayStation console buttons dominates the room, Kihyun cursing as he shoots a player in the game he's playing.

"Hey, Kihyun?"

"Now what!" The boy grits as he tilts his head simultaneously with his controller.

"Why did you call Jaemin a 'gold digger'?"

The older stills, his fingers pausing. The words 'you died' flash on the screen and Kihyun finally turns to Sehyuk, who's seated on the couch behind him, legs folded in Indian style.

"Why are you asking that now?"

The blond lowers his gaze, chin dipping to his chest, adopting a slumped posture. "Yesterday...first of all, I'm sorry once again for calling you a thief. It wasn't you but...Jaemin took my money."

Kihyun laughs, a mocking tone laced with it. "When you thought I was the thief you said I stole your money, but when it's your friend, you say he took your money. Wow! The double standards." He scoffs, shaking his head in dismay.

Sehyuk's eyes blow wide as if he's been caught red-handed committing a crime. "I...I didn't mean it like that."

The older levels him with a stern look.

"When I say sorry, I mean it. But somehow I keep messing up things with you."

"You hurt my already tattered pride. Imposing myself on you and living here isn't something I enjoy doing. I know I'm taking up your personal space but I'm meeting my eomma now to see my father, I'll sort my issues out soon. I'll leave, don't worry."

But Sehyuk doesn't want him to leave.

He chokes at the embarrassing thought, shutting his eyes close and placing a hand over them. The two weeks may have not been very eventful but having someone around in his apartment, a mere presence, makes his day less lonely. Living alone was liberating at the start, fun and relaxing. But Sehyuk couldn't help but feel the emptiness when he had his meals, or when there was no one to discuss the movie that would be playing on the screen. It's the little things in life that brings in a sense of fulfillment.

Kihyun and Sehyuk may have clashing personalities but one learns to accept each other's differences when spending time together. But Kihyun has his whole family, why would he leave his luxuries and put up with someone like Sehyuk? A guy who hides behind his smile.