15. first love.

A.N. : Hello everyone! For anybody who's interested, I published a new Rafe fanfic. Go have a look and let me know what you think!
Btw I'm sorry for the small break I took from this fanfic but I was really tired and I had no inspiration.
Much love.
-Louisa <3

————————

❝That's why I can't love you in the dark
It feels like we're oceans apart
There is so much space between us
Baby, we're already defeated
'Cause Everything changed me
And I don't think you can save me❞
-ᴸᵒᵛᵉ ᴵⁿ ᵀʰᵉ ᴰᵃʳᵏ ⁻ ᴬᵈᵉˡᵉ

15. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞.

Blair wished she could just take Zoe and leave the world behind— all the people— and simply leave this stupid island to go living somewhere else, somewhere beautiful, somewhere they could live happily ever after without having to worry about anything at all.

And it seemed like life wasn't done messing with her— not yet.

    The morning after the complete disaster that had been Midsummers, Blair woke up without even opening her eyes.

    Consciousness seeped into her slowly, as if breaking that new day to her gently. She laid in bed, remembering the way she had made herself look at her reflection and nearly cried out in shame and misery in front of the mirror of her bathroom— all that as she was in the middle of an attempt to take her makeup off and put on some more confortable clothes to go to sleep after coming back home and putting her daughter to bed.

    The young woman felt so defeated. But those weren't even tears of sadness. Those were tears of anger.

    As she came to, it dawned on her once again that it would only be a matter of time before she was going to have to get out of bed and face the face that she was now unemployed. Just thinking about it brought back the suffocating feeling she had in her lungs.

    Blair lamented it all without even peeking through the curtains of her own eyelashes. And she would have continued that lamentation for quite some time if Zoe hadn't started crying to let her know she was awake as well.

The Routledge girl rolled over to unplug her phone that was charging on her woody nightstand. She was still half-asleep— however when her screen lightened up, the writings on her lock screen immediately knocked her wide awake.

    15 missed calls from Kelly.

    50 missed calls and 46 texts from Sarah.

    12 missed calls and 3 texts from JJ.

    10 missed calls and a voicemail from Pope.

And a text from Luna, asking her how she was doing.

    "What the fuck is this?" Blair mumbled as she slowly sat down on her bed, her eyes focused on her screen as she held herself with one arm.

    This couldn't be good.

    For her own sake she decided to listen to Pope's voicemail first.

    Afterwards, some of the sentences he had pronounced struck in her head and kept on repeating like a broken record.

    'St. Olive's.'

    'Topper pushed John B from the Hawk's Nest.'

    'Has a concussion and a broken wrist.'