30. you're servile.

A.N. : Hello everyone! Thank you so so much for 200k reads on this story!! I'm very grateful for everyone who's enjoying Lovebomb.
I'm sorry for the slow updates but I've been really tired lately and I had no inspiration.
(Btw season 2 is coming soon, chapter thirty-one will be wrapping up season 1!)
Much love.
-Louisa <3
——————————-

❝I was in your arms
Thinking I belonged there
I figured it made sense
Building me a fence
Building me a home
Thinking I'd be strong there
But I was a fool
Playing by the rules❞
-ᵀʰᵉ ᵂⁱⁿⁿᵉʳ ᵀᵃᵏᵉˢ ᴵᵗ ᴬˡˡ ⁻ ᴬᴮᴮᴬ

30. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐞.

    11am.

    12pm.

    1pm.

It hadn't even been a day since Blair moved in Tannyhill, yet she was already consumed by a sense of dread and imprisonment within its walls. She felt her existence was tainted, in some subtle but essential way. Each hour was becoming progressively more unbearable. Time passed and all the young woman wanted was to know what was happening outside. Where was John B? What was he doing? How was he doing? What about Sarah and the Pogues? Were they with him or was her brother completely by himself?

    Ward making Blair and Zoe move in his house gave the young woman little options about what to do next. Now he would be aware about each of the brunette's moves. Her mind was the only thing she could use freely, it was the only thing of hers Ward Cameron didn't manage to possess— at least for now.

    Until her last breath, she would remember everything. She'd remember Rafe holding that gun clench-jawed meanwhile all she did was watch in horror. She'd remember only too well the long terrible night at the police station then back to this house of madness that was now her prison. The Routledge girl would only have to glance over her shoulder for all those awful moments to drop like a bomb and haunt every corner of her mind. She'd see it play behind her again, just like the image of a movie, the sound of Peterkin's body falling to the ground and her ribs breaking as Shoupe tried to bring her back, the tarmac progressively turning red with blood, the horrified and crying faces— a picture that would never leave Blair.

Blair didn't know if Rafe was there or not— which brought a feeling of anxiety to her stomach. Trying to stay in her room as much as she could and only going downstairs if it was necessary was now her new survival mindset. Because, frankly, the young woman was unable to see Rafe being around Zoe as something that wasn't forbidden and didn't make her feel uncomfortable. Ward had given her the opportunity to tell him the truth herself but she had absolutely no desire to do so.

How was she even going to do that? And when? But most importantly, what would his reaction be? Blair knew Rafe, but she had no idea of how he would actually process that. There were, in fact, many different scenarios playing in her head.

    Trying to keep herself busy to not be left alone with her own thoughts and the silence, the brunette unpacked her bag and gave Zoe a few of her small animal plushies as the six months old laid on her stomach in the middle of the large bed. She opened the drawer of the dresser so she could put Zoe's clothes in it, but then she noticed John B stuff were still there— that was when the gun started going off in her mind.

    Again, again and again.

When would it ever go away?