19. another pointless argument.

❝ You still have faith in me, baby
that's the reason I know
(I'll follow you, I'll follow you)
Even though mine was lost very long ago
(I'll follow you down, I'll follow you down)❞
-ᴺéᵒⁿ ᴸⁱᵍʰᵗˢ ⁻ ᴾⁱᵐ ˢᵗᵒⁿᵉˢ

19. 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

    Rafe wasn't mad at Luna for calling Blair without warning nor asking him if he was alright with it, the same way you're not mad at a dog for barking at a mailman. It's just what they do. However that did not stop him from giving her the silence treatment when she began to ask questions about what had been said between them.

He simply watched the Routledge girl leave Luna's house without expressing any kind of objections— even though he internally fought with himself to not tell her to stay with him a bit more. He had forgotten how calm she made him feel when she was around. The kind of conversation he just had with her wasn't the kind he could have had with anybody else— there was something strange about Blair that just made you want to reveal everything about yourself to her.

Rafe couldn't help but wonder where were things going with Blair. They used to be completely ignoring each other, and now, in the span of a week, they had started to speak to each other again, kissed, even slept together, he had beaten a guy for touching her and today he had began to open up to her about his dad.

    Would he get back with her if she gave him a second chance? As shameful and embarrassing as it sounded; yes, in a heartbeat. Now— would Blair ever give him a second chance? No. Rafe didn't think so. He could tell her mind had been made a long time ago.

Still, there was one thing that confused him. He felt like Blair didn't want John B to spend time with Ward— as if the idea of it made her uncomfortable, as if it bothered her. Which surprised Rafe, since back when they were together and she would often come over to Tannyhill, the young woman was getting along pretty well with his family. And it wouldn't be a lie to say that she seemed closer to Ward than to her own father.

    This was another reason why Rafe was offended that his father would even ask him if he was sure Zoe wasn't his daughter; Ward knew Blair, he knew what kind of person she was and yet still chose to make such accusations against her.

————————————-

   "You think you-know-who, they're fucking yet?" Luna raised an eyebrow and took a sip from the straw of her cocktail, leaning against the wall.

The sun was hitting the terrace of the Island Club that day, the three kooks were hanging out in the only shade spot available.

   "Shut up, Luna. You're fucking annoying." Topper immediately snapped at her.

    He knew she was referring to John B and Sarah. And she knew he wasn't doing well going through that breakup with the Cameron girl. She knew what she was doing, that was why she enjoyed it so much.

   "Calm down." Rafe immediately spoke, leaning on the same wall as Luna.

"Oh, come on, Top. You're just mad cause she didn't let you hit." The St. James girl sneered, already ready for a little provocation game with the Thornton boy. "I knew your virgin ass couldn't handle something all that."

"Wait, what did you just say?" Topper said as he took a step towards her.

Rafe approached him and grabbed his arm for a second before saying; "Relax, man. She's just joking around. That's it."