ONE

Lizzie inhaled deeply as she and her best friend, Amelia, parked in the school driveway. It was the first day of her senior year, and let's just say, she was the opposite of happy.

Amelia noticed her expression from the passenger's seat. "Okay, stop." she warned

"Stop what?" Lizzie said dumbly

"This..." Amelia motioned up and down Lizzie's body, signifying her expression. "He dumped you, he didn't kill your family."

"He" was Lizzie's boyfriend--ex boyfriend--Jake Meyers. They dated for two years, almost three before he cheated. Long story short, he was a douche. But it took her almost all summer to get over it.

The other downside, his popularity. He kind of made her popular. What would people think now that he dumped her?

"Besides, chicks over dicks!" Amelia added, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.

Amelia and Lizzie were similar, that's how they became friends. The only difference? Amelia was braver. More confident. She didn't need a guy to get popular. Not to mention her impeccable advice.

The two step out, hoisting their backpack's over their  shoulders. School hadn't changed a bit. Everyone looked the same. Well, except Liz.

After the break-up, Amelia suggested Lizzie change her look. Jake would always comment on how he loved her long, blonde hair. So, she cut it. Now she rocking a shoulder length, dark brown cut. 

"I gotta go to Calc," Amelia groans. "See you at lunch?"

"Mhm!" lizzie nodded, adding a soft smile

"Cheer up, it's only his loss, Liz"

....

Lizzie walk into AP english class, her favorite subject. Her favorite teacher, Mrs. Forbes takes attendance, before someone walks in late.

"Sorry im late, Mrs. Forbes" he mumbles

Lizzie turns around to see Jake, with his hair in a mess and a hickey on his neck. Oh. My. God.

He moved on already? Already??

"Next time you decide to have a quickie before my class, Mr. Meyers, i suggest you actually make it quick." Mrs. Forbes scolds. The classroom erupts in laughter and awe's.

Lizzie felt her eyes burn and that familiar lump in her throat returned. But she was not going to cry, especially infront of him. 

He slumped in his seat and leaned back. Not one look at Lizzie.

"Hey, Redhead" he leaned over to the girl sitting infront of him.

"Bye, Dickhead" she replied and rolled her eyes.

The girl was Sadie. Sadie Sink.  She and Lizzie used to be friends, best friends actually. Once Lizzie starting dating Jake, he made Lizzie drop her so she  wouldnt "catch feelings."