EIGHT

A week had gone by since the hospital thing. Amelia slowly got back to her normal self, she was seeing a new therapist, and it was going really well for her. Her parents filed the divorce, she decided to stay with her dad, occasionally spending time with her mom a few times a month.

Their relationship wasn't fully repaired, but it was headed that way. Her mom no longer nagged on her about college, and in fact, she offered to take Amelia shopping. For clothes. The only thing the two had gone shopping for before was school supplies. 

Meanwhile, Jake was still staring at Lizzie like a lost puppy, waiting for her to take him back. Every time he saw Sadie kiss Lizzie, he wanted to vomit. So, the plan was obviously working.

Sadie still hadn't made a move since the almost-kiss. Lizzie didn't either. In fact, they didn't even talk about it. 

Every kiss they had at school was display. It never lasted more than two seconds. Not like Sadie was counting, or anything...

Lizzie had gotten confused on her emotions for Sadie. On one hand, there was the smallest bit of her that slightly cared for Jake. I mean, he was her first everything. First kiss, first time, first love. But what he did was unforgivable. And he hadn't even put very much effort in apologizing. He just told her, and left. 

But the more time Lizzie spent with Sadie, the more she was starting to like her. A lot. But they just got back to being best friends. And Lizzie would kick herself if she ruined it again. 

What if Lizzie just went for it? The worst Sadie could do is say no, right? 

Did Sadie even like girls? She had never dated one before. Although, Sadie was notorious for not dating. Which is probably why everyone in school thought they had a chance with her.

Lizzie's popularity had also gone up since she started dati--- fake dating Sadie. Before she was just known as "Jake's girl", but now she was actually known as Lizzie. Her confidence went up by a million, and she was just happier all around.

But Lizzie always wondered how long the plan would last. By the looks of it, Jake would crack any minute now. Then what? Her and Sadie stage a break-up? They forget everything, and just go back to the way things were before?

"What are you thinking about, Liz?" Amelia asked, noticing Lizzie zoning out. The two were hanging at Amelia's house, having a sleepover, of course. They had invited Sadie, but she had plans.

"I don't know.." Lizzie hesitated. She could tell Amelia about Sadie, right? Plus, she had seen Amelia and Sadie talk a lot. Even when Lizzie wasn't talking to Sadie, Amelia never picked sides.

"I think I'm fully over Jake." Lizzie admitted.

"Yeah?" Amelia responded, "Good."

"I actually think i've moved on completely." Lizzie mumbled.

"Completely, you say?" Amelia smiled. She knew Lizzie liked Sadie. Hell, anyone could tell. Lizzie was never good at keeping secrets.

"So, are you gonna tell me you like Sadie, or are we just gonna pretend like you dont?" Amelia blurted out.

"Wait-"