Second Tornado

Your POV

We're on the road again but Jo had to ride with Bill and Melissa because her truck was pretty much totaled.

"This is the caboose, this is the caboose! I'm waiting for orders, Boss!" I heard Dusty say over the radio. "Dusty, the battle zone should be northeast of 81." Jo answered back.
"Copy that, Jo." Dusty said back.

"You're gonna cross 15 on Oklahoma412. 412." Rabbit said into the radio.
"Okay, copy that. Haynes, what's on the mesonet?" Jo asked Haynes.
"Winds continuing to back, VIL's are at.....uh, 60." She responded.
"Okay guys, let's go get it!" Joe said happily into the radio.

"Tornado warning just got issued," I said into the radio.
"Copy that." Jo responds.

{Camera back on Jo, Bill, and Melissa. Melissa responding to phone with "Uh-huhs" and "Yeahs"}

"We're close." Bill says.

"Rabbit, tell me what road we're on, where does this take us?" Jo asks into the radio.

"I know it feels unnatural," Melissa says into her phone, Jo listens in to her conversation, "but with Donald's motility, you're not gonna have this baby the old-fashioned way. Even if you stand on your head."

{Jo gives Bill a funny look}

"She's a, reproductive therapist." Bill smiles.

"Laurence? Laurence come in, we've got to get ahead of this storm, what's on the satellite?" Jo asks into the radio.

"I can't talk to you right now, I'll have to call you back." Melissa says and hangs up the phone.

{Over to Haynes' truck}

"Twister south, skipping south, shifting to south, we have a, F2, ladies and gentlemen, possibly F3. You with me? It's a very, very large rope on the ground. Very large. Right on the ground."

{Camera on Joey}

"It looks like it's turning, it looks like it's turning. The atmosphere is very unstable! Repeat, unstable!!"

{Over to Rabbit and Sanders}

"This is Rabbit, this is Rabbit, it's at 2:00, it's headed this way!!"

"This is Sanders, this is Sanders!!! We're driving due east on a country road we've been on for about 6 miles. We've got an F3, 2, sitting on the ground, and she's a beauty! WHOOHOO!!!!"

Over to Jo, Bill, and Melissa}

"Jo, it's Barn Burner, it's Barn Burner! It's not gonna hang out long. It's not hanging out long!!"

"Jo you've got about 5 minutes before this thing dissapates! You might wanna make a decision now!" I say into the radio.

"We got it, we got it, we see it!!!" Jo responds back.

No POV

"We're getting slammed in here guys, you better hang back." Bill says into the to everyone.

{The rest of the group slows down a bit, while Bill, Jo, and Melissa drive on. They see the tornado. Jo grabs a camera.}

"This thing loaded?" Jo asks.

"Yeah, go for it." Bill nods.

{Jo is about to take a picture of the tornado, when she notices the rain on the window.}

"Rain bands." Jo states.

"What?" Melissa asks.

"Look at the surf coming off those fields." Jo points.

{Points out window)

"Shit, horizontal rain. Hang on!" Bill says.

{He floors the gas. They approach a bridge going over a large lake. The tornado is hanging over the lake, sucking up water. The three are racing it in their truck.}

"Jesus, Bill, I've never seen it clouded like this." Jo looks up at the clouds.

"I don't think anybody has. But, I-" Bill cuts himself off.

"Bill....we're in the core." Jo says.

{Suddenly, the twister splits in half. Now there's two!}

"Okay, we've got sisters!" Bill says as he slightly panics.

{Melissa's phone rings}

"Yes?!! Julie I can't talk to you right now!" A rigid Melissa answers.

"We're right under the flanking line." Jo states.

"I realize that." Bill answers back.

"We can't attack this thing from the south, we're gonna get rolled!" Jo warns.

"Watch me." He challenges Jo.

"Julie, I know you're upset, you just gotta, breathe, we've both just gotta breathe!" Melissa says taking deep steady breaths.

{Suddenly, a cow flies past, in front of them!}

"Cow" Jo sees a cow fly by the front of the truck.
"I gotta go, Julie, we got cows!!" Melissa says and hangs up the phone.

{Cow flies past again.}

"Another cow!" Jo says.

"Actually, I think that was the same one."
"We've got drunkards here, we've got no path!" Bill says with an annoyed tone.

"This is not good, get us out of here!" Jo panics.

"I'm trying, okay?!!!" Bill says also panicked.

"Floor it!!!!" Jo sternly says.

{ He floors the gas, then realizes that won't work, the truck can't go that fast, he slams on the breaks. The whole time they're all screaming. There are now three tornadoes, swirling around the truck like a carousel.}

"HANG ON!!" Bill yells hanging on to the handle bar.

{The truck begins to slide and spin.}

"Honey, hang on!" He tells Melissa.

{Melissa screams, Jo grabs the roof of the car.. Suddenly, the twisters elevate back into the clouds and are gone. For a second, all look like in shock. Then Bill and Jo hop out of the truck excited, leaving Melissa, still frozen with fear. Jo and Bill hug and laugh.}

"God! Was that incredible?!" Jo laughs.

"Did you see it? It was incredible!" Bill smiles.

{Jo points up to the clouds where the twisters disappeared.}

"Oh!" Then noticing Melissa climbing out of the truck, scared stiff, "Oh, oh, honey!"

{The team arrives in their trucks, with the music ("Long Way Down")}

Your POV

"Are you guys okay?!" I ask running up to Jo, all she does is jump into my arms like an excited child who just got candy, "it's was incredible! You should've seen it y/n!" She smiles.
I put her down and go look for Bill and Melissa, I come around the truck to see Bill comforting her, "is she okay?" I ask, clear concern on my face.
"Yeah, she's okay." He nods.
"I wish I could've seen it." I smile then look up at the sky.
"It was amazing." He smiled.

I walk back to the bed of the truck to hear Rabbit say, "Hey, you know what, uh, Jo, somebody couldn't help but notice how close we are to Wakita!"

"No!" Jo smiles.

"Yeah, and Aunt Meg wouldn't mind a pit stop, right?" Sanders says.

"No!!" Jo says still smiling.

"Red meat, we crave sustenance!" "Come on Jo, chasing tornadoes make us hungry!" Dusty and I say at the same time.

"Guys, we are not invading my aunt!" Jo tries to say with a stern voice but fails when she can't wipe the smile off her face.

"Food!"

"FOOD!!! FOOOOD!!!!" We all yell.

"HEY!! We are absolutely not going!" Jo says with a smile.

"Oh were totally going." I say crossing my arms.