Swimming Freely In The Deep Sea

Percy was lying in his bed waiting for everyone to go to sleep, it took time and he nearly fell asleep himself. But at two in the morning he sneaked out of bed and walked towards the window. They had a small window in their room and if you were small enough you could easily wriggle out to the outside. When his feet were on the ground he looked around knowing no one was out there but still wanted to check, and then ran to the edge of the lake. He took off his shirt and hid it by a rock and then walked out in the water.

It was cold, really cold, but he knew that when he transformed into a merman he would be immune to the cold. When only his head was above water he closed his eyes and felt his legs transform into a long, beautiful, rich green tail with gold details. He lifted his hands and saw the webbing between his fingers, the small amount of green and gold scale on his arms. He had scales on some spots on his back, chest, arms, neck and face which his mom didn't have, apparently only his type of merpeople had scales on any other parts of their body except of their tail.

Percy dived down the water and looked at himself, he hadn't been able to swim like this in so many months and god had he missed it. His tail was glittering in the water thanks to the moonlight. He always felt beautiful and confident like this. On land he was so thin he looked like skin and bones, he had bad teeth from his parents not teaching him how to brush correctly, his skin was dry, he is much shorter than the other boys, and he has very feminine looks and his hair doesn't help. But in the water his body weight is normal compared to other merpeople, his teeth are strong and razorsharp, his skin felt smooth, his tail made him look taller, and his feminine look was normal among his people. He looked normal in the water.

He was swimming around a bit before he started to look for the bracelet, he knew it was a gold bracelet with pink and blue details so it wouldn't be too hard to find. He swam to the bottom of the ocean and started to look for it, he had to swim far from Hogwarts grounds to find it. The water was always strong around Hogwarts to prevent muggle ships from stopping by at the island, so the bracelet had traveled quite a bit before it got stuck on a stick on the bottom of the very deep ocean. When Percy picked it up he felt so happy that he had finally found it, he put it around his wrist to make sure he didn't drop it and then began to swim back. He had never been able to swim this far in a straight line before, the lake in his woods was big and deep but this was different. He had been swimming about three miles out and now three miles back and he felt amazing. It felt so free to be able to swim this far that he just had to jump out of the water and back in like a dolphin.

When he was by the edge of Hogwarts grounds he dragged himself onto land, he rested on his elbows and looked at his tail. He wanted to go back in but he knew that if he didn't go to sleep soon he would be a zombie in the morning.

"Goodbye for now" Percy whispered and transformed back into human. Glitter went down from his navel to the end of the tail and split it into two and then the two halves shined and glitter into two human legs, the rest of his scales went away the same way. He looked at his hands and licked his teeth, he closed his fingers and separated them again and the webbing was gone, and his teeth grew back into his normal ones.

When Percy stood up he looked down on his pants and they were dry, he had noticed that if he transformed back into human it was better to be on land because his pants would be dry instead of dripping wet. He walked to the rock he had hidden his shirt by and put it on and ran to his window. When he had slipped inside he tiptoed to his bed and sat down. He took off the bracelet and put it carefully in his drawer, and then finally he could go to sleep. His head didn't even have the chance to hit the pillow before he was in a deep sleep.

When Percy woke up no one was in the room with him, he was a bit confused until he looked at the clock and saw it was nearly lunch time. He flew out of bed and dragged off his pajamas on his way to the bathroom, his shirt was in the middle of the room and his pants were lying by the doorway. He stood in front of the mirror and picked up his toothbrush and started to brush his teeth frantically.