Happy Birthday, Percy!

Today was August 22 1988, aka Percy's twelfth birthday. Normally the Weasleys started a birthday with waking the kid up with a song, then it was cake for breakfast and a big party with a few gifts, but not for Percy. They just went on like any other day, he did remember being like five and asking why he didn't get any cake or gifts, they had told him to stop being so spoiled and to be grateful they gave him food and a warm bed to sleep in. But Hydra always celebrates him on his birthday, she gives him some money so he could go bye a cake and then she would give him some gifts she had made. But this year was a bit different, she was taking him to the ocean for the first time.

Percy woke up at about nine in the morning, he had missed breakfast but he didn't care, he was going to eat with his mom anyway. He put on his usual black pants and black shirt, it was a bit cold today so he put on one with long sleeves.

Percy walked into the kitchen so he could go out, his older brothers and their parents sat at the table. Arthur reading the newspaper, Molly knitting, Charlie reading a book about different dragons in Europe, and Bill was reading a wizard's history book. Probably preparing for hogwarts. Percy tried to get away from them as fast as possible but Bill looked up and called his name.

"What Bill?" Percy turned around and looked at him, the others stopped what they were doing also looking at Bill.

"Where are you going everyday?" Percy was shocked, he didn't think he noticed he had been gone.

"He's going somewhere everyday?" Charlie asking that didn't surprise Percy at all. Molly and Arthur turned their heads his way to see what Percy was going to answer.

"To the woods"

"With no shoes?" Percy didn't really know what to say, why in the bloody hell did he care, he never cared before. Did he know something?

"Do you want me to put on some shoes?" Bill was quiet for a moment just looking at him with a questioning look, then Molly said something before Bill could say anything.

"Just let him go, it's good to have him out of the house" With that he turned around and opened the door.

"Percy"

"Yes?" Percy turned his head to Bill one last time.

"Happy birthday" Percy was floored, not once in his entire life had anyone in the Weasley family said that to him, how did he even remember? It's not on the calendar and it's not like anyone ever mentioned it.

"Thank you Bill" Percy smiled at him and Bill looked back into his book, he didn't smile back.

Now finally Percy was running through the woods on his way to his mom, he knew that he would just have to run away immediately to get the cake and candy but it will be worth it. He got there and Hydra handed him a gold chain, he ran out of the woods and went to the muggle village that was quite close. There it was a pawnshop where Percy would switch the gold for money, he did this quite often and the owner, Mr Buck, knew him by now, he did know his name but he called him 'little golden boy'.He didn't know why but he decided he liked the nickname so he never asked. Percy liked him a lot, he had a sterned face but he was still really nice and polite to everyone, until they were rude. As soon as Percy walked into the shop the owner saw him and his face got a big smile on his face.

"Hello, my little golden boy! I haven't seen you all year, where have you been?" Percy smiled at him, Mr Buck had started to grow out his mustache a little bit from last year, which was good it looked way better.

"I started boarding school Mr Buck, I'm going back in a few days"

"How exciting, well lucky me I get to wish you a goodbye before you go" Percy laughed and started to pick up all of the gold from his pockets.