Camping

It's been months since their trip to the temple, they had been going there a couple of times since then. It's become some sort of headquarters for them. They don't really do anything there other than explore and try to make sense of the carved pictures on the walls, so far they have put together a story of a war between mermaids and sirens, but the war between humans and mermaids is so broken that they can't figure it out. But what interested them the most is all of the jewellery at the bottom of the lake, and the box.

They hadn't talked about the box that much. Percy had put it under his bed and sometimes when the others are sleeping he sits with Walnut and tries to read what it says at the bottom but it's hard. So far all he has been able to read is 'the' 'sea' 'crow' for some reason, and a couple of different letters. But it doesn't make sense. And Walnut doesn't really help him.

It's very soon time for winter break, two weeks without school, it's just what they need. Finn had an idea he wanted to share with the rest but he knew some of them wouldn't find it to be a good idea, but he knew if they went through with it it would be an awesome adventure. Today was the day you let Dumbledor know if you wanted to stay at Hogwarts or go home so it was now or never. So when they were changing into their uniformes he took his chance.

"Are you guys going to stay here or go home?"

"I am staying, Oro is too" Percy had talked to Oro about it in DADA class.

"Me and Jonathan have been thinking about staying this year with you guys"

"Fantastic, because I have been thinking about something" Finn looked like he was both nervous and excited to tell them. It made them a bit nervous, Finn had gotten much more adventures this year, he has opened himself up much more than last year.

"What if we said that we are going home, but instead we spend the whole break in the temple?" Everyone was thinking that he was going crazy. Spending the break camping sounds fun but this is not just camping, it was in the middle of winter and in the forbidden forest.

"Are you insane?!" Jonathan had just let go of his nervousness when it came to spending a couple of hours at the temple, but this was different.

"This is Finn, of course he is" John held his hand to calm him down.

"You know.." Percy began, everyone looked his way. "I like that idea"

"Me too" Oro said. John was looking at Jonathan with a pleading look, clearly begging him to come with them.

"Fine, but we need to buy everything we might need this weekend somehow" The others cheered very surprised at Jonathan actually agreeing to stay at the temple for two weeks.

"Leave that to me!" Finn had clearly been thinking this through. His grandfather was the Newt Scammander that wrote the book 'fantastic beasts and where to find them' so his family was very rich. He picked up a letter he had written and gave it to Percy to read it.

'Hey mom and dad, I'm going to stay at Hogwarts together with my friends. But the other Slytherins have talked about spending Christmas night down in the common room, so I'm asking if maybe you could send some air mattresses that we could use. We need two that fit two and one that fit one:D

And if you could be sweet you send some snacks to, you know the type we bring when we are out camping.

And tell Rolf I love him and can't wait until 1991 when he starts here too. I love you guys!'

"Good send it with your owl now" Percy gave it back and Finn put on his tie, vest and took his robe in his hands and ran to deliver his letter.

It was friday so it wasn't going to be a long day, the first lesson was with Snape so that would be fun.

"Okay, now pair up with a classmate of your choice, we don't have a long lesson so you need to be quick to make this potion" Severus sat down and waited for them to begin.

Percy paired up with Finn, John and Jonathan weren't allowed to be in a group after a fiasco a month ago so they just paired up with two random ravenclaw, and Oro paired up with Jenny. The group had gotten kind of close with Jenny Laura ever since Percy found her bracelet, they hang around each other during lessons and sometimes they even eat together. But that's only when her friends haven't woken up to eat breakfast and she doesn't want to eat alone.

They followed the instructions on the board and Severus was walking around making sure everyone was doing okay. Percy looked around making sure that his friends were doing good, Oro and Jenny of course were doing fine, Jonathan's partner was good, but John had gotten someone that was complaining about everything he did and then when she did it she did it wrong. Percy and Finn were doing good so far.

"Can I whisk?" Finn gave the spoon Percy and as soon as Severus had walked by he started to whisper to Finn.

"When will we get the things from your parents, we need them before sunday, if we don't get them by then we won't be able to stay at the temple"

"Don't worry, Helga is a strong and fast owl and they love to spoil me and Ralf so they will get us the stuff as fast as possible" Finn reassured him as he put in the next ingredients.

They heard a bang and John's high pitch scream. Everyone turned to them, his partner had done everything wrong, she had put everything in the kettle in the wrong order and been whisking way too aggressively.

"What happened, I wrote the instructions very clearly on the board?" Severus asked them, and the girl was quick to blame John.

"It's Loganson's fault, if he had listened to me this wouldn't have happened" John was shocked and angry and he started to yell at her.

"My fault, you're the one that refused to follow the instructions!" Severus tried to calm him down and the girl tried to talk over him. But it didn't work.

"You thought you knew better than professor Snape, 'He is an idiot, my dad know better and he does it like this', 'Snape is much younger than the other professors so he is not as smart so you don't need to listen to him', well it turns out you do!" Everyone laughed at John's impression of the girl and Severus turned his head towards her.

"You think your dad knows more than I do, a potion master?" The girls face turned red and she just stammered out that 'her dad does it like this'.

"Miss Rodwic, your dad is Kim Rodwic right?" Severus asked the girl, she nodded her head.

"I thought so, I went to school with your dad and he was famous for having to stay in and clean up the mess he had made in potions class" She got even more red when everyone started to giggle. She looked at her feet in shame and had learned to not disrespect her teacher again, especially not Snape.

Neither of them got detention since the explosion wasn't that bad but he did take some house points from ravenclaw, which is the house the girl was in.

After potion class it was their turn to write in to Dumbledor if they are staying or leaving for the break. What you need to do is just go to the great hall and stand in line to write down your name on one of two lists, one is if you're staying and one if you're going home. Percy and his friends were very fast so they didn't have to wait so long in line. Finn was first in line, the twins after him, then Percy and Oro were behind him. Finn looked back and they all nodded their heads, now it was no going back on their plan. They all wrote down their names on the 'going home' list.

If the things didn't get here in time they were forced to go home, Percy was forced to spend the holidays with the Weasley's.